It should be noted that the survey is limited to sales through carrier stores, which may attract more price-focused customers than Apple stores.
Another reason for the slow uptick of the iPhone 8 could be the modest promotion by United States carriers, Mr Vinh said. American Beacon Advisors Inc. acquired a new position in shares of Apple during the first quarter worth approximately $117,000. There is still uncertainty about demand for the pricy new Apple product. Carriers in the U.S. have been quite modest in promoting the new iPhone 8, especially when compared to the promotion for the iPhone 7 launch a year ago.
However, Apple's iPhone 8 might also see its sales stymied by its iPhone X, a smartphone that will be launching next month and has prompted some customers to hold off on buying a new iPhone until it's available, the analyst said. Apple hasn't made any significant design changes with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, except for adding a glass back that allows for wireless charging. Brightworth's holdings in Apple were worth $514,000 at the end of the most recent reporting period.
Respected Apple analyst Neil Cybart tweeted last week: "iPhone 8 Plus is outselling iPhone 8". Cybart didn't provide the source of information, but as he gives valid and digestible analysis, thus we can trust over the tweet.
"People want the additional screen real estate", Cybart said. Second reason: "Portrait Mode".
Customers were still able to buy an iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus ready for pick-up on launch day the week of the release. We can expect to get a glimpse into the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus sales on November 2, when Apple will report its quarterly results.
About Making Comments on our Site: Patently Apple reserves the right to post, dismiss or edit any comments. "Workers at certain workshops are only working four days a week".
The iPhone X, pronounced "iPhone Ten", features a 5.8-inch Super Retina OLED edge-to-edge display with 2436 x 1125 resolution and 458ppi, HDR support, Dolby Vision, HDR10, and True Tone.
- Wholesale inflation falls to 2.6% in Sept as food items soften
- HTC Sends Out Invites For November 2 Event, Could Launch U11 Plus
- Polestar One teaser reveals its Volvo Concept Coupe inspiration
- 'Glee' star 'cut wrists' before plea
- Florida man receives award after police mistake doughnut glaze for meth
- Cylinder blast kills 3 in Bengaluru
- Frost expected overnight in Cheektowaga
- #MeToo: Sexual harassment, assault tales light up social media
- DOOM Nintendo Switch release date: Go to Hell this November
- Power outages in Tipperary as storm Ophelia hits