Gas prices in MA are down by four cents this week.
The cheapest gas prices in Tennessee today are in Chattanooga with a pair of Lookout Valley gas stations selling regular gas at $1.91 per gallon, or 30 cents per gallon below Chattanooga's average price and 54 cents per gallon below the national average.
At U.S. pumps, states with the top ten price movements in the last week: MI (+15 cents), OH (+12 cents), in (+10 cents), Georgia (-7 cents), Tennessee (-6 cents), Texas (-6 cents), SC (-6 cents), Florida (-6 cents), New Jersey (-5 cents) and Virginia (-5 cents).
The online fuel price service GasBuddy.com said today that Chattanooga gas prices average 24 cents per gallon less than the USA average of $2.45 per gallon. Prices are higher in the west, with Californians paying up - an average of $3.08 per gallon.
Hurricane Harvey drove the highest gas prices of 2017 so far, AAA says.
And motorists can expect another drop soon.
Meanwhile, for the first time since Harvey (limited supply) and Irma (increased demand) caused prices to skyrocket across Florida in late August and early September, the state average ($2.46) fell below the national average ($2.47). According to Jenkins, prices are still about 10 cents higher than expected because of residual effects from recent hurricanes. OH drivers are seeing the most fluctuation, with a 13-cent increase in prices since last week.
Gasoline prices decreased in a majority of states while rising in the Great Lakes due a regional phenomenon called price cycling in which prices drop quickly due to price wars but then suddenly spike once margins deteriorate to losses.
- Assange colluded with Russian Federation to help Trump win: Hillary
- Rose McGowan, Asia Argento Slam AmfAR Emcee James Corden For Weinstein Jokes
- Mercedes recalls 400000 cars in the United Kingdom over possible airbag fault
- Resident Evil 7's Free Chris Redfield DLC is Finally Out in December
- Gov Signs Law Approving Gender-Neutral Option on State-Issued Identification
- US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Pleads Guilty To Desertion
- Dozens Killed in Portugal and Spain Wildfire Incident
- Iraqi Forces Move Into Kirkuk in Defeat-ISIS Fight, Spokesman Says
- Microsoft's redesigned Xbox dashboard is now available to all
- Mayim Bialik responds to 'victim blaming' backlash