Gas prices in MA are down by four cents this week.
The cheapest gas prices in Tennessee today are in Chattanooga with a pair of Lookout Valley gas stations selling regular gas at $1.91 per gallon, or 30 cents per gallon below Chattanooga's average price and 54 cents per gallon below the national average.
At U.S. pumps, states with the top ten price movements in the last week: MI (+15 cents), OH (+12 cents), in (+10 cents), Georgia (-7 cents), Tennessee (-6 cents), Texas (-6 cents), SC (-6 cents), Florida (-6 cents), New Jersey (-5 cents) and Virginia (-5 cents).
The online fuel price service GasBuddy.com said today that Chattanooga gas prices average 24 cents per gallon less than the USA average of $2.45 per gallon. Prices are higher in the west, with Californians paying up - an average of $3.08 per gallon.
Hurricane Harvey drove the highest gas prices of 2017 so far, AAA says.
And motorists can expect another drop soon.
Meanwhile, for the first time since Harvey (limited supply) and Irma (increased demand) caused prices to skyrocket across Florida in late August and early September, the state average ($2.46) fell below the national average ($2.47). According to Jenkins, prices are still about 10 cents higher than expected because of residual effects from recent hurricanes. OH drivers are seeing the most fluctuation, with a 13-cent increase in prices since last week.
Gasoline prices decreased in a majority of states while rising in the Great Lakes due a regional phenomenon called price cycling in which prices drop quickly due to price wars but then suddenly spike once margins deteriorate to losses.
- PM addresses Centenary Celebrations of Patna University
- Mayim Bialik responds to 'victim blaming' backlash
- Nadal is 'too good a player': Federer
- SCOTUS To Take Up Microsoft Data Privacy Case
- Resident Evil 7's Free Chris Redfield DLC is Finally Out in December
- Microsoft's redesigned Xbox dashboard is now available to all
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at Charlotte Hawkins following Strictly exit
- DCP Midstream Partners LP Q2 2017 Institutional Investor Sentiment Better Than Expected
- Iraqi Forces Move Into Kirkuk in Defeat-ISIS Fight, Spokesman Says
- Malta blogger Daphne Caruana Galizia killed in vehicle bomb attack