Roy Price has resigned as the head of Amazon Studios after an allegation that he sexually harassed a television producer working on one his shows.
Last week Hackett claimed Price, who holds an exceedingly powerful position as the executive in charge of Amazon's well-funded TV efforts, repeatedly made lewd comments to her despite her rebuffs.
Price had been at the helm of Amazon Studios since September 2014 during which it became the first streaming platform to get a Golden Globe, for the film Transport, and it won at the Oscars for Manchester by the Sea.
Variety initially reported that Price would be replaced temporarily by Amazon Studios COO, Albert Cheng after allegations of sexual harassment.
Last Thursday, actress Rose McGowan said on Twitter that she had told Price that she had been assaulted by Weinstein, who was forced out of his company this week following reports in the New Yorker and the New York Times that he had harassed and assaulted numerous women over the years.
"I hope we all continue to inspire each other and ultimately create change", Hackett said.
Hackett said she was never made aware of the outcome but also said she never saw Price at any more events.
Amazon has two series in production with The Weinstein Company, which was Price's main venture at the company.
In tweets directed at Amazon chief executive Jeff Bezos, she criticized the company for doing business with the Weinstein Co.
- Jose Mourinho: 'A draw would be positive'
- Wholesale inflation falls to 2.6% in Sept as food items soften
- Gerard Butler Gets Hospitalized After Being Involved In A Motorcycle Accident
- Rohingya crisis: 582000 fled to Bangladesh since August 25, says UN
- No drone strike carried out in Kurram Agency: ISPR
- President's spokesman says reconciliation a national interest regardless of Israel's position
- Black Panther's New Trailer Takes a Trip to Wakanda
- Trump Travel Ban 3.0 Hearing Ends in Maryland Without a Ruling
- Frost expected overnight in Cheektowaga
- Power outages in Tipperary as storm Ophelia hits