A fire reportedly broke out in the Indian Prime Minister's Office (PMO) in the early hours of Tuesday (October 17).
Though no casualty was reported, prima facie, it appeared that a short circuit in the compressor of an air-conditioning unit, installed inside the cafeteria on the fourth floor, caused the fire. Flames were doused within 20 minutes, according to reports.
According to a news agency, the fire broke out in room number 242 of the PMO office at Raisina Hill at around 3.35 am.
Room No. 242 belonged to a section officer of the prime minister's office. There has also not been any major damage as per a preliminary assessment of the situation.
The Division Office of the fire department, Gurmukh Singh told India TV that the split AC installed in the room may have started the fire. There were no reports of injuries. No one was injured in the incident, Delhi Fire Services officials said.
In January, a minor fire in the server room of Parliament House had caused panic ahead of the Budget session.
- Florida gas prices drop 25 cents on average over past month
- DOOM Nintendo Switch release date: Go to Hell this November
- Airbus deal may quash Bombardier dispute, challenge Boeing
- Frost expected overnight in Cheektowaga
- Apple begins shipments of iPhone X
- Black Panther's New Trailer Takes a Trip to Wakanda
- WH: Trump Was Simply 'Stating A Fact' In Baseless Claim About Obama
- Russian Federation set to take on Bitcoin with its own 'CryptoRuble'
- Louisville Officially Fires Rick Pitino, Who Is Fighting Back
- Polestar One teaser reveals its Volvo Concept Coupe inspiration