The Indian cricket board left itself open to trolls and criticism on Twitter after they referred to former India skipper and coach Anil Kumble as just a "former bowler" when they wished him for his 47th birthday. On Tuesday, irate fans slammed the Board for sending out a birthday message tweet to Anil Kumble that lacked respect.
Kumble in June this year resigned from team India's head coach post after reports of his alleged rift with the Indian captain Virat Kohli.
Kumble turned 47 on Tuesday and is renowned for being India's highest wicket-taker and world's third highest wicket-taker.
Kumble was appointed the coach of the national team in 2016, and while the team enjoyed phenomenal success during his period, the end was extremely bitter.
Kumble, who amassed a total of 619 Test wickets, also became only the second bowler in cricket to claim all ten wickets in an inning of a Test match. With 956 wickets, Kumble is third in the all-time top global wicket takers list.
The BCCI later deleted that tweet, although a screenshot of it can be found on social media.
"Umm bowler? Wasnt he also Captain and Coach and is India's leading Wicket taker?", one tweet said.
They defeated New Zealand, England, Bangladesh and Australia at home apart from beating West Indies and Sri Lanka in away Test series.
- Sony Division Plans to Publish Games for Switch and PC
- Black Panther's New Trailer Takes a Trip to Wakanda
- Jose Mourinho: 'A draw would be positive'
- Apple begins shipments of iPhone X
- Power outages in Tipperary as storm Ophelia hits
- Prince William and Catherine expecting baby in April 2018
- Fire breaks out in PMO
- For Abandoning Climate Accord, Pope Swipes Trump on World Food Day
- Wholesale inflation falls to 2.6% in Sept as food items soften
- Rohingya crisis: 582000 fled to Bangladesh since August 25, says UN