The Indian cricket board left itself open to trolls and criticism on Twitter after they referred to former India skipper and coach Anil Kumble as just a "former bowler" when they wished him for his 47th birthday. On Tuesday, irate fans slammed the Board for sending out a birthday message tweet to Anil Kumble that lacked respect.
Kumble in June this year resigned from team India's head coach post after reports of his alleged rift with the Indian captain Virat Kohli.
Kumble turned 47 on Tuesday and is renowned for being India's highest wicket-taker and world's third highest wicket-taker.
Kumble was appointed the coach of the national team in 2016, and while the team enjoyed phenomenal success during his period, the end was extremely bitter.
Kumble, who amassed a total of 619 Test wickets, also became only the second bowler in cricket to claim all ten wickets in an inning of a Test match. With 956 wickets, Kumble is third in the all-time top global wicket takers list.
The BCCI later deleted that tweet, although a screenshot of it can be found on social media.
"Umm bowler? Wasnt he also Captain and Coach and is India's leading Wicket taker?", one tweet said.
They defeated New Zealand, England, Bangladesh and Australia at home apart from beating West Indies and Sri Lanka in away Test series.
- For Abandoning Climate Accord, Pope Swipes Trump on World Food Day
- DOOM Nintendo Switch release date: Go to Hell this November
- President's spokesman says reconciliation a national interest regardless of Israel's position
- On Google Maps the opportunity to explore the heavenly bodies
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is now available to everyone
- Apple begins shipments of iPhone X
- 2nd Ayurveda Day: Modi wants an Ayurveda hospital in every district
- HTC Sends Out Invites For November 2 Event, Could Launch U11 Plus
- Fire breaks out in PMO
- CBCP denies it 'regrets' killing of Hapilon, Maute