The DC superhero film saga finally seemed to stabilize with Wonder Woman, and now Justice League hopes to keep it alive. This includes solo movies for a few Justice League members - including Ezra Miller's Flash - and the future of those movies will depend on how well Justice League does in the coming weeks.
While discussing the tracking and early reactions for Justice League on the Meet the Movie Press podcast with Jeff Sneider and Simon Thompson, Kroll said that Warner Bros.is waiting to move forward on movies like Flashpoint until they know how Zack Snyder's latest film is received. With the movie now tracking for a bigger opening weekend than Wonder Woman, it may behoove the studio to wait and see how the movie truly performs before rocketing forward with yet another spinoff. In this discussion (around the 28 minute mark), Kroll stepped in to give "an insider tidbit" about Warner Bros.' state of mind regarding the future of this universe.
It's a humorous clip and the entire spot really amps up the color and humor of the film, which obviously has been something that Warner Bros. has been leaning on since last summer's "sizzle reel" was released at Comic-Con.
"I've been tracking a lot of movies-specifically Flashpoint". The future of DC's superheroes, however, is tied directly into Justice League's success. I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in that way, that the film felt too dark.
One of the cool aspects of the cast of Justice League is just how much they are all fans of the characters and their associated media. Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, and Suicide Squad 2 are all expected to go into production in 2018.
Hopefully we'll get more updates on Flashpoint once Justice League ends its theatrical run. Flashpoint is still years away.
- Federer beats del Potro, wins Swiss crown
- 'EVE: Valkyrie' studio is shutting down its VR department
- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL)
- Gas in California to cost 12 cents more per gallon
- Scotland and other home nations in poppy request for November matches
- Addressing Significant Need, UK and Toyota Partner to Offer Unique Engineering Program
- Sania Mirza involved in hilarious Twitter banter with husband Shoaib Malik
- USA forces capture key suspect in Benghazi attack
- Evercore ISI Reaffirms "In-Line" Rating for Tesla Inc. (TSLA)
- Sector Investor's Alert - TRI Pointe Group, Inc. (NYSE:TPH)