That is the view of former British world champion Nigel Mansell.
All-round great guy David Beckham, once of football fame, called Hamilton a "true champion".
And rival F1 drivers and teams were not shy in congratulating the four-time champion either...
'It was very easy this year, no opponents, ' Alonso said, in a clear dig at his Ferrari drive replacement Sebastian Vettel.
"This year was too easy".
Hamilton made it four Drivers' Championships at Mexico on Sunday to become the most successful English driver of all time with still three races left of the 2017 season.
Alonso took heart from his display, and is hopeful of being able to fight with Hamilton on a more regular basis when McLaren switches to Renault power units for 2018. Ferrari has arguably had the better race auto in the second half of the season but was hamstrung by a series of setbacks after the Italian Grand Prix. But we don't have straight-line speed.
"Starting last, finishing in the points, was fun... let's see you in Brazil". And we are very vulnerable when we are in front of people'. He managed to keep the Briton behind for several laps, but eventually had to yield.
"He knows how strong the McLaren vehicle is in the corners, he saw [in the race]", said Alonso, after he battled over ninth position with Hamilton for several laps. "'We tried to brake a little bit later every time, tried to defend the position but it was not possible"'.
When asked if his stern defence was a way of reminding Hamilton about himself, he said: "I think he knows, he knows. He knows how strong the McLaren is in the corners", Alonso said.
- Stock Rating Update on the Shares of Endo Int'l Plc (ENDP)
- United starts longest nonstop service from US - LA to Singapore
- National Football League suspends Bears LB Freeman 10 games
- Vistra Energy, Dynegy to combine in all-stock deal
- Monster Hunter World Beta Coming to PS4 on December 9
- AI can identify bowel cancer 'in less than a second'
- Notable Stock Analysts Ratings Expedia Inc. (EXPE)
- USA forces capture key suspect in Benghazi attack
- Keep watch on Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico, SAB de CV (BSMX)
- Lindsey Stirling Hospitalized for a Rib Injury - Will She Return to 'DWTS'?