Reuters Sanders walks away from the particularly combative briefing. "Any actions he took would have been on his own", Sanders said. That's something you need to ask him.
Papadopoulos, a former Trump campaign foreign policy advisor, lied to the Federal Bureau of Investigation about his contacts with Russians, and while he had initially said he met with someone who claimed to have "dirt" on Hillary Clinton before his involvement in the campaign, the plea agreement states he "had already learned he would be a foreign policy advisor for the Campaign" when he met that individual.
He was a member of the campaign's foreign policy team.
The separate charges against Manafort and Rick Gates contend the men acted as unregistered foreign agents for Ukrainian interests. Gates and Manafort both surrendered to authorities on Monday morning. Huckabee Sanders responded, "the president has thousands of photographs with millions of people".
Sanders is of course correct but only a tiny number of these people are "sitting at a table with then-candidate Trump at a national security meeting".
Congressional Democrats reacted to news of the charges Monday by demanding Mueller's investigation be allowed to continue without interruption.
She said Trump hasn't changed his principles on a tax overhaul.
"When you compare those two, it's like apples and oranges".
House Speaker Paul Ryan isn't commenting on the indictments of President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman and an associate.
"On or about March 24, 2016, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met with the Professor [individual who claimed to have substantial connections with Russian government officials] in London". "The real collusion scandal as we've said several times before has everything to do with the Clinton campaign, Fusion GPS, and Russia...there's clear evidence of the Clinton campaign colluding with Russian intelligence to spread disinformation and smear the president and influence the election".
A Trump campaign supervisor encouraged Papadopoulos to make the trip "if it is feasible" on August 15, 2016.
- Scotland and other home nations in poppy request for November matches
- Three people found dead in Chetek home identified
- Evercore ISI Reaffirms "In-Line" Rating for Tesla Inc. (TSLA)
- 'EVE: Valkyrie' studio is shutting down its VR department
- Sector Investor's Alert - TRI Pointe Group, Inc. (NYSE:TPH)
- The Gardens Between Comes To PS4 Next Year
- Truck fire closes I-495 north in Andover indefinitely
- Federer beats del Potro, wins Swiss crown
- Energy Transfer Equity, LP (NYSE:ETE) Receives Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.13
- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL)