Justice League hits theaters November 17, 2017. Unfortunately, they weren't well received by critics and mainstream audiences. The films were also met by divisive reactions among moviegoers but managed to be successful at the box office.
The Superman actor spoke to The Rake about the vision for DC's superhero films and acknowledged that the goal to be different doesn't mean they can't make adjustments.
When it comes to the DC Extended Universe (or DC Cinematic Universe or whatever your preferred DC nomenclature), tensions run hot.
"Even if Marvel didn't exist, we'd struggle", Cavill said.
He elaborated even further, talking about the different styles Man of Steel and BvS took, admitting that they didn't always work.
Praising the success of Wonder Woman, he added: "It is better still to come back from a mistake or stylistic error into the correct vein because it will make it seem that much stronger".
Of course, those fans who enjoyed Batman V Superman and Man of Steel, especially Snyder's style in telling those stories, may not necessarily refer to the movies as mistakes (and may not appreciate Cavill seemingly indicating they're mistakes, though that may not be exactly what he's inferring). "Yes, it has made money but it has not been a critical success; it hasn't given everyone that sensation which superheroes should give the viewer". Because we have a bit the impression that the studio wants to take it to the forceps, the message as what all has changed at the studio since Wonder Woman. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes-Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash-it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Cavill's comments come after reports that Warner Bros.' brought director Joss Whedon in to help director Zack Snyder make the movie more light-hearted and amusing.
After Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot has learned ball red on the beginnings of the DCU, one wonders a little what Warner (it being understood that the communication is never improvised by the actors) is trying to do. Whedon famously directed the first two Avengers movies and reportedly had a big role in major reshoots the film faced.
Press the "Go to website" button at the bottom of the details page and complete the contest form.
- Police praise officer who stopped NYC terror suspect
- Malaysia slips one notch to 24th in World Bank's Doing Business Report
- Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) Investment Increased by Heathbridge Capital Management Ltd.
- Next Everton manager: Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo on Toffees shortlist
- Schools in Chennai closed as city braces for heavy rains
- Kia Motors Debuts Custom Builds and Drifting Demonstrations at SEMA 2017
- Independence Realty Trust Inc (IRT) Issues FY17 Earnings Guidance
- Springfield Lobbyist Accuses State Senator of Sexual Harassment
- Hamas begins handing Gaza border crossings to Palestinian Authority control
- Changi Airport's new Terminal 4 opens for business