Also, their agreement mandates that theaters showing The Last Jedi have to screen it in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks.
Some small independent theaters are deciding not to show it.
Even though Disney releases, including its "Star Wars" movies, have been a godsend to the movie theater business, which has seen a decrease in ticket sales over the last few years, some theater owners believe the requirements the studio is forcing on them to play "The Last Jedi" have gone too far.
Luke Skywalker's screen time might've been brief in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but Mark Hamill is set to have a much more significant role in The Last Jedi. Well, then Disney reserves the right to charge an additional five percent of ticket sales revenue as penalty for the violation. Like Lando Calrissian before the might of Vader, there's not much to do for the business owners behind theaters except grin, bear it, and try to keep the Wookiee from choking anyone.
The Last Jedi fast approaching, a new poster for the film seems to have revealed a big spoiler.
The film stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro.
A blockbuster like a Star Wars movie is a cultural event that generates its own gravity. It's also unique in the Star Wars films as it is the first one to be an immediate sequel to its predecessor.
One of the biggest criticisms about the previous Star Wars canon, now dubbed Legends, is that ancillary material never connected. That would also go some way to explaining why Finn and Rose - John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran, respectively - were seen riding a fathier in The Last Jedi's official poster, which is presumably inspired by their risky expedition to Cantonica.
- Highway 400 closed south of Barrie
- HC sets aside Praful Patel's election as AIFF president
- Six dead, 15 injured in NY incident
- World of Final Fantasy is coming to the PC on November 21st
- Did Ashley Banjo just confirm he's a judge on Dancing on Ice?
- Manchester City hit four past Napoli to qualify for round of 16
- Taco Bell offers free tacos after stolen base in World Series
- The Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) Earns "Overweight" Rating from Barclays PLC
- 'Tis the Season to Color! Starbucks Unveils 2017 Holiday Cups
- Mumbai hawkers' issue: Massive clash between MNS, Congress