There were more than 500 incidents of anti-Semitic vandalism along with the 12 incidents of physical assault.
Anti-Semitic incidents have surged 67 percent nationwide since 2016, according to new data from the Anti-Defamation League released Thursday.
The ADL found that there was a "significant bump in (reported incidents) in the first quarter of this year" and there was "an increase after the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville in August". As in MA, there have been an unusually large number of incidents in K-12 schools and on college campuses.
The ADL logged a total of 1,299 anti-Semitic incidents from January 1 to September 30, according to the organization's latest report, dwarfing the 488 incidents reported during the same period in 2016 and already surpassing last year's 12-month tally of 1,266 recorded incidents.
Anti-Semitic assaults, however, have fallen 60 percent: There were 12 assaults in the first nine months of 2017, as opposed to 29 over the same period a year ago.
The organization says that's a 32 percent increase over the same period last year and it exceeds last year's total.Читайте также: 2nd Test: West Indies clinch series despite Zimbabwe holding out for draw
The report found an uptick in anti-Semitism throughout New England, but that mostly reflected the large increase in MA.
White supremacists chanted "Jews will not replace us" during the rally in Charlottesville, which left one woman dead when a driver plowed his vehicle into a crowd of counterprotesters. "Many school-based incidents still go unreported".
Anti-Semitic incidents spiked on and immediately following Charlottesville. The 269 incidents in elementary, middle and high schools more than doubled the 2016 figure. The report also documents significant growth in anti-Semitism in schools and on college campuses.
"Every single day, white supremacists target members of the Jewish community - holding rallies in public, recruiting on college campuses, attacking journalists on social media, and even targeting young children", Greenblatt continued.
"Especially disturbing is the high number of anti-Semitic bullying and vandalism incidents that have taken place in K-12 schools and on college campuses across the US", said Jonathan A. Greenblatt, ADL National Director.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Suspect In Custody After Small Fire On UNC Chapel Hill Campus
- NY terror attack: Trump's death penalty tweets risk undermining United States justice
- Amazon in the cryptocurrency game - what does it mean for investors?
- Firefighters axed for hanging noose on black colleague's photo
- Twilight Zone Latest News, Photos, and Videos
- Sinclair Executive Ends Speculation About Possible Bill O'Reilly Hire
- Trump's Twitter handle disappeared and everyone flipped out
- Nikki Haley Defends US Embargo on Cuba at Hostile UN Vote
- Manafort informed of coming indictment in August, new court filings show
- Mueller Will Interview Hope Hicks After Trump Returns From Asia Trip