Another candidate for OH governor is calling on state Supreme Court Justice and gubernatorial contender William O'Neill to resign over a Facebook post in which he volunteered candid details of his sexual past.
In recent weeks, multiple allegations of predatory sexual behavior have been brought to light against powerful men, including Franken.
"Sexual harassment and assault is no laughing matter".
"Unfortunately, Justice O'Neill's Facebook comments that dehumanize women add nothing to this important conversation, which is actually about harassment and abuse, not encounters between consenting adults", she said. He called the post "disturbing and misguided" and said he had no prior knowledge O'Neill was making it. "In the last fifty years I was sexually intimate with approximately 50 very attractive females".
O'Neill continues on to claim he's slept with an estimated "50 very attractive females" including a "gorgeous blonde" and "a drop dead gorgeous red head from Cleveland".
In an earlier version of the post (pictured above), O'Neill said "It ranged from a gorgeous personal secretary to Senator Bob Taft (Senior) who was my first true love", and it appears to have been edited to clarify that Senator Bob Taft (Senior) was not O'Neill's first true love and a partner in his hayloft escapade.
O'Neill announced he'd run for governor in 2018, if Richard Cordray - former OH attorney general and now the head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - didn't jump in the race.
"Democrats are now calling for Al Franken's removal from the United States Senate for an indiscreet act for which he has apologized, the victim has accepted the apology - and now the feeding frenzy begins", O'Neill said.
Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor, the first woman to hold that position, also condemned the post. "And, as a woman, I'm outraged he would equate sexual assault with indiscretion".
O'Neill said the misconduct story has gone too far.
- Oklahoma teacher, married to football coach, accused of sex with student
- Former Governor Tom Ridge Hospitalized
- Ohio State suspends all fraternity activity during hazing investigation
- History! Nigeria's Bobsled Team Is Headed To The Winter Olympics
- Argentina: No contact with submarine with 40 crew
- Gene Simmons Reportedly Banned From Fox News
- Z Pens Op-Ed on Meek Mill and the Criminal Justice System
- Boris Johnson's Iranian gaffe is about to cost United Kingdom £450 million
- Leonid Meteor Shower Peaks Tonight
- Chris Coleman on brink of accepting Black Cats job — Next Sunderland manager