In Lima yesterday, the 59-year-old's side clinched the last spot for next year's showpiece in Russian Federation after beating New Zealand 2-0 in the play-off second leg.
Despite the absence of their main striker Paolo Guerrero, who has been suspended by Federation Internationale de Football Association on doping suspicions, the Peruvians controlled the match from the start.
After a scoreless first leg game, Jefferson Farfan netted the first goal in the 28th minute, with Christian Ramos adding another in the 62nd.
It must be noted Peruvians have not participated in a World Cup event since 1982.
When the final whistle blew in Lima, the pure elation and tears of joy from all Peruvians on the field and in the stands showed exactly what qualifying for the World Cup means to the country.
New Zealand travel to Lima to face Peru on Wednesday in the second leg of a World Cup playoff match.
All 32 teams have been drawn into four pots of eight teams each, ahead of the Final Draw at the State Kremlin Palace on Friday, 1stDecember 2017.
A still tearful Farfan said after the match that his team had "to endure a lot of nonsense until we got here".
"I dedicate this to Paolo, I promised him we would deliver", Farfan said.
Before being banned, Guerrero scored six goals for Peru in South American qualifiers.
A Christian Ramos goal in the 65th minute doubled the lead for the home side, who held on to earn the final spot at the 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation. "He was very important for us at this turbulent moment", the Argentinian coach said.
The Peru celebrations went well into the night, with Peruvians not worrying about working in the morning after president Pedro Pablo Kaczynski declared Thursday would be a non-working holiday.
Kuczynski used Twitter to ask for moderation in the festivities on the holiday. Let's celebrate with responsibility'.
- Auto Suspension System Market Global Analysis 2017- Mando , ThyssenKrupp , Sachs(ZF) and Tenneco
- Philippe Coutinho: "I'm Not Finished Yet"
- Actor couple Suzy, Lee Min-ho break up after three years together
- Global wealth surges in 2017 - Credit Suisse
- Enbridge Inc. (ENB) stock is worth at $34.97
- Maharashtra to provide security for 'Padmavati'
- Deadly floods claim at least 14 lives in central Greece
- Intel ramps up 5G development with new modem launches
- OnePlus 5T India release date, news and features
- South Carolina Women's Basketball Team Declines Donald Trump White House Invite