Apple rarely speaks out on ongoing legal cases.
In the lawsuit filed, Wednesday, with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, Qualcomm's complaint claims Apple is in infringement of five patents relating to radio frequency transceivers, power efficiency in mobile CPUs, device power management and image enhancement using depth-based data (3D imagery).
Further, a recent report WSJ suggests that Apple is reportedly designing iPhones and iPads for 2018 that will not feature chips by Qualcomm.
Earlier this week, Apple filed its countersuit against Qualcomm, claiming that the company infringed on Apple's patents with the Snapdragon 820 and Snapdragon 800 processors.Читайте также: Toyota Future Adventure Concept (FT-AC) frowns its way into LA
That case accompanied a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission seeking to ban the import of Apple iPhones that use competing Intel Corp chips because of the alleged patent violations.
Qualcomm, however, has another matter to attend to. "The weak patents Qualcomm asserts here for the first time appear to be a blatant effort to take credit for the innovation of others".
As Reuters reports, two of the three lawsuits are civil patent suits, while the third complaint is being combined with Qualcomm's ITC filing.
In one of the more recent lawsuits that Qualcomm filed, the company claimed that Apple gave Intel unprecedented access to proprietary Qualcomm chip technology. Apple stopped paying Qualcomm for patent royalties and instructed its manufacturing partners to do the same which has blown over the legal tussle between the two companies.
In an in-depth look at the conflict between Apple and Qualcomm in October, Bloomberg described the dispute as a "billion-dollar war over an $18 part". For example, the pending arrival of 5G networking capabilities could help boost Qualcomm's licensing revenues, while Qualcomm's effort to acquire Dutch chipmaker NXP could help reduce its dependence on technology royalties.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- ESPN Insider: Anthony Davis faces $25k fine after ejection
- Nemanja Matic Unlikely To Be Fit For Clash With Arsenal
- In Abidjan, King Mohammed VI denounces migration stereotypes — European Union summit
- Severe-Weather Warnings for Melbourne
- Pamela Anderson 'learned' to avoid sexual misconduct
- 'Thousands' of pornographic images on Damian Green's computer, says detective
- FA Charge Conte With Misconduct After Dismissal Vs Swansea
- NBC Will Deny Matt Lauer Any Payout, Report Says
- First indigenous aircraft carrier by 2020: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Google data-saving tool aims to help manage smartphone bills