The auto company, known for speedy luxury cars in an iconic yellow shade, finally joined its peers in adding an SUV or crossover to its portfolio when the Urus was unveiled in Italy yesterday.
Its new front-mounted 4.0L twin-turbo V8-the first turbo engine in a Lamborghini-delivers 650 hp at 6,000 rpm and 627 lb-ft of torque at 2,250 rpm.
The Lamborghini Urus has a top speed of 189.5 miles per hour (305 km/h) and a 0 to 62 miles per hour (100 km/h) time of just 3.6 seconds. The SUV looks extraordinary, but that's something that people expect from Lamborghini anyways.
The Urus is also available with carbon ceramic brakes, adaptive air suspension, and six different driving modes. The Urus will be first available in the US market in Spring 2018 at a base price of $200,000 (Php 1,01,30000). Customers can also opt for a 21-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system.
"It is a true Lamborghini in terms of design, performance, driving dynamics and emotion as well as drivable every day in a range of environments".
Urus also features such new technologies for Lamborghini as a rear tailgate that is electrically operated via a switch on the driver's door, a button on the key, or a manual button on the tailgate itself. It is the Italian automaker's first SUV since the LM002 was discontinued in 1993. Users may find rear space lacking; the low roofline styling of the small "sport coupe" BMW X6 is apparent here as well, and rear-seat room in the X6 comes at a premium. The launch of Urus in the Philippines market is still not scheduled and we might see this raging SUV by the end of 2018. The Urus elevates the SUV to a level not previously possible, the Super SUV.
"The Urus fits perfectly within the Lamborghini family as a high-performance auto". These are impressive performance figures for a large SUV. As has always been tradition at the automaker, the name Urus is derived from the world of bulls: Urus, also known as Aurochs, was one of the large, wild ancestors of today's domesticated cattle.
- Cineworld to create world's second biggest cinema company following Regal acquisition
- Woman Who Disappeared After Tinder Date Found Dead
- Industry fears a auto crash as diesel sales fall by 30%
- MI5 could have 'avoided' Manchester Arena terrorist bombing, official report finds
- Fan Are Convinced Kim Kardashian Just Reignited Her Feud With Taylor Swift
- International Trade Balance Widened to 9-Month High in October
- Mold found in bottled water for infants
- Mamata Banerjee, Arvind Kejriwal condemn Yashwant Sinha's arrest by BJP government
- CVS Health Corp (CVS) Shares Bought by Mariner Wealth Advisors LLC
- Instagram Introduces Stories Highlights and Stories Archive