The auto company, known for speedy luxury cars in an iconic yellow shade, finally joined its peers in adding an SUV or crossover to its portfolio when the Urus was unveiled in Italy yesterday.
Its new front-mounted 4.0L twin-turbo V8-the first turbo engine in a Lamborghini-delivers 650 hp at 6,000 rpm and 627 lb-ft of torque at 2,250 rpm.
The Lamborghini Urus has a top speed of 189.5 miles per hour (305 km/h) and a 0 to 62 miles per hour (100 km/h) time of just 3.6 seconds. The SUV looks extraordinary, but that's something that people expect from Lamborghini anyways.
The Urus is also available with carbon ceramic brakes, adaptive air suspension, and six different driving modes. The Urus will be first available in the US market in Spring 2018 at a base price of $200,000 (Php 1,01,30000). Customers can also opt for a 21-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system.
"It is a true Lamborghini in terms of design, performance, driving dynamics and emotion as well as drivable every day in a range of environments".
Urus also features such new technologies for Lamborghini as a rear tailgate that is electrically operated via a switch on the driver's door, a button on the key, or a manual button on the tailgate itself. It is the Italian automaker's first SUV since the LM002 was discontinued in 1993. Users may find rear space lacking; the low roofline styling of the small "sport coupe" BMW X6 is apparent here as well, and rear-seat room in the X6 comes at a premium. The launch of Urus in the Philippines market is still not scheduled and we might see this raging SUV by the end of 2018. The Urus elevates the SUV to a level not previously possible, the Super SUV.
"The Urus fits perfectly within the Lamborghini family as a high-performance auto". These are impressive performance figures for a large SUV. As has always been tradition at the automaker, the name Urus is derived from the world of bulls: Urus, also known as Aurochs, was one of the large, wild ancestors of today's domesticated cattle.
- Protective Order Filed Against Oklahoma Starting Running Back Rodney Anderson
- Fan Are Convinced Kim Kardashian Just Reignited Her Feud With Taylor Swift
- 9-hour rainbow in Taiwan may be the longest-lasting yet
- Google Pixel 2 is now available at Rs. 39999 on Flipkart
- Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins Ejected For Jawing
- Billy Bush: Hearing 'Access Hollywood' tape is 'like a gut punch now'
- MI5 could have 'avoided' Manchester Arena terrorist bombing, official report finds
- Lebanon's premier Saad Hariri rescinds shock resignation
- Research Analysis of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT)
- Global airlines' industry profit to hit $38.4b in 2018: IATA