An unlocked SIM-free iPhone is attractive for travelers who might want to use their iPhone overseas with a local SIM card.
The SIM-free iPhone X will work with any carrier, whether it's a GSM one like AT&T or T-Mobile, or a CDMA operator like Sprint or Verizon.
Apple quietly began offering a new SIM-free unlocked model of the iPhone X last night. U.S. customers can place orders on Apple's website for SIM-free iPhone Xs, rather than ordering a device that's already married to a specific carrier. With a model like this, the owner can swap out their SIM with one from a different carrier and use it on the same phone without worrying about whether it is compatible.
This means that you can buy an iPhone from Apple without specifying which carrier you'd like to use it on. The SIM-free iPhone sold on apple.com and at the Apple Store is unlocked.
The iPhone X is finally coming to the US SIM-free.
The threat of backorders and shipping delays have dogged the iPhone X since before the phone even launched.
The unlocked iPhone X is listed as an option online, and you'll receive it within five business days as well, regardless of what color option or storage model you decide to pick up.
- S&P 500 Utilities Sector SPDR (XLU): KAMA Trending Higher on This Stock
- World Health Organization backs Philippines suspension of Sanofi's dengue vaccine
- Overwatch Gets Separate Currency For League Skins
- Arsene Wenger Believes His Side is Still Alive in League Title Race
- Bullying drove 13-year-old Rosalie Avila to kill herself, parents say
- Newsroom - Travel Smart with Smart Bags - American Airlines Group, Inc
- Facebook launches new "Messenger Kids" app
- Sensex ends lower ahead of RBI policy call
- Detroit Pistons at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview 12/04/17
- Special counsel subpoenas German bank for Trump account details: Reuters source