The track record of the rumor sources vary, but it makes sense that Apple would want to lower the introduction cost, especially when it means getting iPad into more classrooms.
This new iPad will reportedly be manufactured by Apple supplier Compal Electronics, and is expected to launch in the second half of 2018.
In the report, Digitimes states that this new launch will be a bid by Apple to get into the higher-volume and price-conscious markets.
Price of the device should be around $260, that is $70 cheaper than the current iPad.
It is still not clear that whether the newer version of iPad will be replacement of the old one or will be completely different from the last year's iPad. Apple is said to be looking to target affordable Android tablets by offering users a cheaper option to switch to iOS. They found the new iPad less expensive than others and it helped Apple to enhance the popularity of this gadget. Analysts have also predicted in the past that these markets are the future for Apple products, which is why a cheaper iPad next year could attract more consumers in these markets. In the second case, the newer model might just be a slightly toned down version (specification-wise) of the current iPad with a similar design and camera sensor.
If the Cupertino giant does indeed bring an even cheaper iPad to the market next year, we can expect sales to pick up a lot more and give a boost to the tablet market. As potential buyers of a budget tablet from Apple referred to as consumers of industrial sector and service sector.
- Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB) Stake Lowered by Westpac Banking Corp
- France Star Warned He Must Leave Club For World Cup Place
- Jimmy Kimmel's baby son has successful second heart surgery
- Syria: media, Israel strikes near Damascus
- Special counsel subpoenas German bank for Trump account details: Reuters source
- Danny Masterson Written Out Of Netflix's 'The Ranch' Amid Sexual Assault Claims
- Bullying drove 13-year-old Rosalie Avila to kill herself, parents say
- Netflix 'House of Cards' to resume without Kevin Spacey
- Detroit Pistons at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview 12/04/17
- YouTube CEO Promises 'New Approach to Advertising' Over Abusive Video Backlash