Southerly winds will be noticeable later today as well as overnight tonight and into the first part of Wednesday.
Saturday another front will bring not only more arctic air, but also the possibility for a few light snow showers during the late morning hours.
Even colder weather is expected for Friday.
It looks like the heaviest showers and thunderstorms will come along the cold front early, around 5-8 am as it sweeps across northeast Louisiana. It will be breezy to windy and milder, with the strongest winds likely at the Shoreline where it may gust to around 30 miles per hour.
As for our viewing area, if there is enough moisture left to go along with those cold temps, there could be some light flurries with no accumulation as far south as Columbus Saturday morning. The front will pass through the state today, and rain will become widespread with potential for some thunder; the good news is that we do not expect any issues with severe thunderstorms.
The clouds may stick around Thursday. A strong cold front will move through middle of the day with rain and wind and a 20 degree drop in temperature.
Today (Tuesday): Pockets of drizzle or mist under mostly cloudy skies should dry out middle to late morning. After the frigid morning, Sunday will be warmer with a mostly sunny sky, but it will remain chilly with highs generally in the mid and upper 50s. 60° possible in a few places around midnight. Then for Thursday, after a morning start near 40°, temperatures for metro Baton Rouge will likely top out around 50° to the low 50s for another chilly, damp day.
The night will be cold and, at times, mainly cloudy.
Tuesday Night: Cloudy and 34. Many neighborhoods, especially those north and east of Baton Rouge, will flirt with morning freezes on one or more of those three days. High temperatures will be in the upper 40s, and there will be small chance for rain Friday. Friday will be partly cloudy and should stay dry too.
1/10 (→): Still low chances, but activity Friday night, at times this weekend, and maybe toward Tuesday of next week are worth watching.
- Jimmy Kimmel's baby son has successful second heart surgery
- Messi's Statue In Argentina Vandalised Again
- Special counsel subpoenas German bank for Trump account details: Reuters source
- Bullying drove 13-year-old Rosalie Avila to kill herself, parents say
- Mourinho hails 'world best' De Gea as United beat Arsenal
- Overwatch Gets Separate Currency For League Skins
- France Star Warned He Must Leave Club For World Cup Place
- Danny Masterson Written Out Of Netflix's 'The Ranch' Amid Sexual Assault Claims
- Apple to Launch Cheaper 9.7-Inch iPad in 2018
- S&P 500 Utilities Sector SPDR (XLU): KAMA Trending Higher on This Stock