Southerly winds will be noticeable later today as well as overnight tonight and into the first part of Wednesday.
Saturday another front will bring not only more arctic air, but also the possibility for a few light snow showers during the late morning hours.
Even colder weather is expected for Friday.
It looks like the heaviest showers and thunderstorms will come along the cold front early, around 5-8 am as it sweeps across northeast Louisiana. It will be breezy to windy and milder, with the strongest winds likely at the Shoreline where it may gust to around 30 miles per hour.
As for our viewing area, if there is enough moisture left to go along with those cold temps, there could be some light flurries with no accumulation as far south as Columbus Saturday morning. The front will pass through the state today, and rain will become widespread with potential for some thunder; the good news is that we do not expect any issues with severe thunderstorms.
The clouds may stick around Thursday. A strong cold front will move through middle of the day with rain and wind and a 20 degree drop in temperature.
Today (Tuesday): Pockets of drizzle or mist under mostly cloudy skies should dry out middle to late morning. After the frigid morning, Sunday will be warmer with a mostly sunny sky, but it will remain chilly with highs generally in the mid and upper 50s. 60° possible in a few places around midnight. Then for Thursday, after a morning start near 40°, temperatures for metro Baton Rouge will likely top out around 50° to the low 50s for another chilly, damp day.
The night will be cold and, at times, mainly cloudy.
Tuesday Night: Cloudy and 34. Many neighborhoods, especially those north and east of Baton Rouge, will flirt with morning freezes on one or more of those three days. High temperatures will be in the upper 40s, and there will be small chance for rain Friday. Friday will be partly cloudy and should stay dry too.
1/10 (→): Still low chances, but activity Friday night, at times this weekend, and maybe toward Tuesday of next week are worth watching.
- Overwatch Gets Separate Currency For League Skins
- Apple now offers unlocked iPhone X models in the U.S. ars_ab.settitle(1227285)
- John Oliver questions Dustin Hoffman over sexual misconduct allegations
- Apple to Launch Cheaper 9.7-Inch iPad in 2018
- Arsene Wenger Believes His Side is Still Alive in League Title Race
- Detroit Pistons at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview 12/04/17
- Mourinho hails 'world best' De Gea as United beat Arsenal
- Leaked ASUS Zenfone 3 Screenshots Reveal Android Oreo Update
- Schlumberger Limited. (NYSE:SLB) Stake Lowered by Westpac Banking Corp
- PlayStation Store Reveals Potential 'God Of War' Release Date