McCoy injured the ankle while being tackled after a 3-yard run.
The Bills are 8-7 and playing for one of the two AFC Wild Card spots.
Jarvis Landry got ejected in the Miami Dolphins finale, but he took a souvenir home with him. Landry was booted for disrespecting an official, and Drake threw a Bills player's helmet. While it doesn't seem like a long time ago, times have really changed since their last playoff appearance.
Miami lost to Buffalo for the seventh time in their past 10 meetings. Andy Dalton then chucked a 49-yard touchdown pass to Tyler Boyd for the winning score.
Landry finished his season 13 yards shy of 1,000. Ryan Tannehill is expected to start next year in a comeback from knee surgery that wiped out his 2017 season.
Dolphins: LB Kiko Alonso suffered a neck injury.
Aided by a ridiculous Baltimore Ravens loss and a barely conscious performance from their own opponents, the Buffalo Bills will head to the National Football League playoffs for the first time since 1999.
- The new year is rung in from Australia to the Middle East
- Week 17 New England Patriots Keys to Victory
- Manchester City lose Kevin De Bruyne and Gabriel Jesus to injuries
- Saints lose to the Bucs, host Panthers in the playoffs
- WhatsApp experiences brief outage as world brings in New Year
- Steelers' reserves hold slim lead over Browns at haltime
- Manchester United's Ashley Young charged with violent conduct
- Pogba: Something has to change at Manchester United
- Vikings have plenty of incentive to beat Bears
- AbbVie Inc (ABBV) Stake Lessened by Doyle Wealth Management