The Bills held on late against the Dolphins and took care of business on their end Sunday, winning 22-16, but scoreboard watching reigned supreme as the Bills still needed the Bengals to beat the Ravens.
Buffalo (9-7) will travel to Jacksonville next weekend in a wild-card game.
Preston's TD overturned: Bills linebacker Preston Brown returned a fumble 99 yards for a touchdown, but the play was reversed on a replay because Landry had stepped out of bounds before losing the ball. The 28-year-old caught six passes for 64 yards.
Bills players were in Miami, where'd they'd beaten the Dolphins, waiting to learn their fate.
-Buffalo put a field goal on the board on their first drive of the second half.
The frustration of a disappointing season got the best of the Dolphins (6-10) with 6:21 left, when receiver Jarvis Landry, running back Kenyan Drake and offensive lineman Jake Brendel were ejected following a fight. Get the app and get the game.
Vikings 23, Bears 10: Minnesota's defense turned in another dominant performance, and Latavius Murray rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns, helping the Vikings secure a first-round bye.
The other potential way into the playoffs was wiped out with the Chargers beating the Raiders and the Titans beating the Jaguars. Poyer did not. Drake was thrown out of the game for ripping Ryan Davis' helmet off and throwing it across the field.
- Family Members Killed in Shooting in New Jersey
- Woman battling cancer gets married hours before passing away
- Gionta named captain of United States men's team for Pyeongchang Olympics
- 5 takeaways from LSU's 21-17 Citrus Bowl loss to Notre Dame
- Korea's presidential office hails North's proposal on PyeongChang delegation
- Wind Chill Advisory In Effect New Year's Eve Into New Year's Day
- Time's Up: Hollywood women launch campaign to fight sexual harassment
- Isaiah Thomas to make Cavaliers debut against Trail Blazers
- Rabbi calls Lorde a bigot in full-page advert
- Palestinian who slapped IDF soldiers charged with assault