When iPhone 7 was launched some devices were launched with Intel modems however some came with Qualcomm. It may be Apple finds another company to provide some of those modems beyond 2018, or Qualcomm could return as a supplier depending on its actions.
The report also says that Intel's chips might not be ready for 5G networks and this might get Apple to go with Qualcomm in some cases.
Qualcomm, however, was first to strike against Apple. Rumour states that Apple might be introducing MediaTek alongside Intel to supply it with LTE chips, but there has been no future development related to this story right now. According to respected KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple will soon rely on Intel exclusively for iPhone baseband components, which could land a sharp blow to Qualcomm's business. Now, in a complete reversal of fortunes, analysts believe we won't see any Qualcomm modems in this year's iPhone models. Intel's previous chips lacked support for CDMA.
Between 2011 and 2016, in fact, Qualcomm was the exclusive modem provider for the iPhone.Читайте также: Cameron Norrie's reputation soars despite Davis Cup defeat
A new report from Nikkei, citing Japanese industry sources, appears to substantiate the claim of a new LCD iPhone for next year, and also reiterates Kuo's assertion of two OLED display flagship iPhones arriving in 2018 as well. In the process, it potentially ends the requirement for Apple to make different iPhones for different carriers in the US.
The Cupertino giant released three handsets - the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X - in 2017. Although demand for the new higher priced iPhone X may not have been as strong as many expected, the overall iPhone lineup appealed to a wider range of consumers in both emerging and developed markets. The display size could also remain untouched, but those who are hoping for a bigger screen size can expect a new 6.5-inch iPhone X Plus.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Progress on German government talks as deadline looms
- How to watch the Patriots-Eagles game without cable
- Brace yourselves! Snow and ice warnings issued for the week ahead
- Mets Reach Deal With Former Yankees Third Baseman Todd Frazier
- Will take up AP's case with PM', Rajnath assures TDP
- Apple Music on Track to Overtake Spotify
- Nokia 8 Sirocco set for MWC 2018
- India wins toss and bowls against South Africa in 2nd ODI
- Christiansen departure leaves Leeds searching for 10th manager in five years
- Samsung chief gets early release from prison