Thursday's parade is tentatively set to start at 11 a.m.at South Broad Street and Pattison Avenue and work its way north to the Art Museum of Philadelphia. Bud Light soon stepped in to pick up the tab, and the company has been periodically reminding fans of its commitment ever since.
Philadelphia Eagles fans will not only get a parade this week, they'll also get a free beer. After their win against the Minnesota Vikings that sent them to the Super Bowl, police resorted to smearing the posts with Crisco to stop excitable fans but, seeing it as a challenge rather than a deterrent, many fans succeeded in shimming up regardless. "Win it all and the party is on us".
Declaring February 8 "Philly Philly Day", Bud Light reps will be stationed at bars along the Victory Lane parade route, where they'll be waiting to buy fans-21 and older-one beer each.
Fast forward to Super Bowl LII and, what do you know, it was the Eagles defeating the Patriots in an upset win for their first Lombardi Trophy in franchise history. Congrats, Philadelphia! And please enjoy responsibly!
- Natalie Wood case: 'We're closer to understanding what happened,' detective says
- Powell Sworn In As New Fed Chief
- Poland president to sign controversial Holocaust bill
- Pacers No Match For Wizards
- Bon-Ton Department Stores Files for Chapter 11
- HIV Positive Cases Detected at Single Health Camp in UP's Unnao
- Cristiano Ronaldo key for Real Madrid against Paris Saint-Germain: David Beckham
- Rahul Dravid Stands With Support Staff, Seeks Equal Reward For All
- This Is Us Reveals the Tragic Truth About Jack Pearson's Death
- Found: 100-Million-Year Old Arachnid with a Tail Encased in Amber