According to the official announcement from Ukranian developers Vostok Games, there will be an array of other threats to the player's survival.
The game is trying to spice the battle royale genre up by putting an emphasis on what the environment can do to the player. From there, they will have to fight to be the last man standing out of 100 people. Across the hostile wastes, everyone is threatened by deadly anomalies and the dynamically-changing weather.
In addition to the Battle Royale mode, there will be "another intense and original game mode will also bring a fierce new twist to the genre".
There'll be a day/night cycle making you adapt your strategy, while you'll need to locate protective gear to explore the unsafe off-limits zones, but with mutated creatures howling in the distance, you might want to approach with caution.
Vostok Games was initially founded in 2012 by the former employees of GSC Game World, which was best known for the Cossacks and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game franchises before they ultimately shut down. Though we don't have a release date yet, we do know that the game is slated to drop on the Steam Early Access program sometime this year - though further details beyond that have yet to be revealed.
Fear the Wolves is a first-person battle royale set in radiation-ravaged Chernobyl. Vostok is also now working on a free-to-play online FPS called Survarium, which is now getting somewhat savaged in Early Access.
- Clippers sign Lou Williams to three-year extension
- Kristaps Porzingis suffers torn ACL in Knicks loss
- South African President's Talks with Deputy, Fuel Resignation Speculation
- Antonio Conte hands Chelsea players three day break following Watford defeat
- Indian market bleed amid global sentiment
- India vs South Africa 3rd ODI Live Cricket Score
- Sanchez accepts sentence for tax fraud
- Sharon Tate's sister slams Hilary Duff's movie
- Hotel COLLAPSES as huge 6.4 magnitude natural disaster strikes major city
- Olympics medical team issues guidelines to prevent norovirus infection