Cell phone video shows a 9-year-old selling Girl Scout cookies out of a wagon near a marijuana dispensary in San Diego.
The dispensary, Urbn Leaf, posted an image of the entrepreneurial young scout to its Instagram account, and alerted locals to the presence of the sale.
"If you are wondering, we don't allow our Girl Scouts to sell cookies in front of marijuana shops or liquor stores/bars", the organisation said previously.
Urbn Leaf founder, Will Senn, said the girl was with her parents and was just passing by with her wagon.
The photo drew praise and criticism.
She added: "When we learn that a girl is in violation of a standard/guideline, we nearly always discover that the parent was unaware of the rules". Should we became aware that a girl has repeated an infraction, there could be consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis. In 2014, a scout reportedly sold more than 100 boxes of cookies in two hours outside a San Francisco dispensary.
The girl would receive a warning when identified but could lose any awards she earned if the rule was broken again, Doyle said.
His business wants to talk to the council. "I've been in the cannabis industry a long time and worked to bring it out of the shadows", he said.
California's legalisation of recreational marijuana came into effect on 1 January 2018, allowing over 21s to legally purchase marijuana from licensed businesses and growers, though public consumption is still illegal - local authorities have added restrictions on sellers.
"The walk-about or door-to-door sales rules are in place to protect Girl Scouts and their families from receiving citations for solicitation of cookies", Doyle told The Union-Tribune.
- Metuh In Court On Stretcher
- Concerned with image of House, says Naidu to justify longer adjournments
- Apple, Cisco, Aon, Allianz introduce cyber risk management solution
- Trump praises Nunes, White House denies memo coordination
- S.Africa's Zuma holds talks with successor as exit looms
- Funds test for largest health scheme
- Six Nations 2018: England's Richard Wigglesworth ready for Wales test
- Uber And Waymo Lawyers Hurl Accusations In Opening Statements
- Nuclear capable Agni-I missile test-fired off Odisha coast
- Girl Scout sells cookies outside marijuana shop, may have broken rules