On Tuesday, 32 Russian athletes, including biathlete Anton Shipulin, cross-country skier Sergei Ustyugov and short-track speed-skater Viktor Ahn appealed their non-invitation at CAS.
Even if the athletes' appeal is successful, however, it is thought highly unlikely that any of them will compete in South Korea.
Pound, the ex-president of the World Anti-Doping Agency, also criticised the "perverse" judgments of the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which last week reversed life Olympic bans on 28 Russian athletes and staff.
The IOC has formally banned Russia from Pyeongchang but has allowed 168 "clean" athletes to take part under a neutral flag and may still allow the Russian flag at the closing ceremony.
Russian Federation has repeatedly denied state involvement in doping.Читайте также: The five best ads of Super Bowl LII
"We share the distress, uncertainty and frustration expressed by many athletes on the news of this ruling and believe this decision to be a massive setback for clean sport", the WADA athlete committee said.
However, Pound's view was not shared by the other International Olympic Committee delegates at the meeting.
The International Olympic Committee has made a decision to decline 15 Russian athletes who had been earlier acquitted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport access to the Winter Olympic, head of the IOC commission for admission of Russian athletes to the Games Nicole Hoevertsz has said.
According to an official International Olympic Committee figure, 168 Russian athletes now deemed "clean" will be participating in the Olympics in PyeongChang, but under a neutral flag. "With respect, I don't think we can talk our way out of this problem".
"In addition, the Panel agreed that the decision of the CAS had not lifted the suspicion of doping or given the Panel sufficient confidence to recommend to the OAR IG that those 13 athletes could be considered as clean", the statement continued. We can not guarantee that it is suitable for the visually or hearing impaired. It's also unclear if the phones would work on networks inside North Korea.
The IOC, which has cleared 169 Russians to compete at PyeongChang, said that "not being sanctioned does not automatically confer the privilege of an invitation".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Arsenal new signing drives out of the Emirates in Ferrari
- Jaguar restarts production of classic auto
- 'Aubameyang transfer saga a burden for Dortmund' - Gundogan
- Jordan Peele Will 'Seriously Consider' Making a Get Out Sequel
- Auto Expo 2018: All New Honda CR-V Makes India Debut
- Woman May Have Eaten Tail Of Dead Lizard Found In Store-Bought Lettuce
- Saudi national cultural festival honours India
- Rob Gronkowski's Foxboro Home Broken Into While He Was At Super Bowl
- Stocks For Fearless Investors: The Coca-Cola Company (KO), McEwen Mining Inc. (MUX)
- Pittsburgh Penguins honor Marc-Andre Fleury with tribute