Met Eireann have issued a status yellow snow-ice warning for 20 counties as temperatured are set to plummet this evening.
A chief forecaster said: "Following a band of rain, sleet and snow, clearing southeastwards, rain, sleet and snow showers are likely to increasingly affect western parts of the UK".
A spell of rain, sleet and snow will move east across the United Kingdom on Monday night and Tuesday, gradually weakening across England and Wales.
Soon becoming generally cloudy, with some snow during the morning, leading to slight accumulations.
Met Office forecasters told of sleet and snow showers heading into the Midlands and the southwest.
Into Thursday, rain showers look set to dominate the weather until another assault of snow sweeps across the United Kingdom from the west.
"One to three centimetres of snow may accumulate at low levels inland, and perhaps five to 10 centimetres on hills above 200m".
Weather and health warnings have been issued ahead of "the coldest night in six years"..
Kent police urged motorists to take care and allow extra time for journeys as officers responded to crashes on the M20 near Maidstone.
"Afternoon highs of just 3 degrees Celsius to 5 degrees Celsius in moderate to fresh and gusty northwest winds, which will ease towards evening".
The Outlook for Wednesday to Friday is cold and bright with sunny spells on Wednesday.
In the north of the region, in areas such as Petersfield, there could also be snow in the early hours of tomorrow morning - particularly about 5am.
Tonight could be the coldest night of the week, bringing the lowest temperatures in six years, according to the Express.
- Six Nations 2018: England's Richard Wigglesworth ready for Wales test
- IGP Orders Afegbua's Arrest Over "Vote Out Buhari" Statement
- Super Bowl 52: Did officials blow the Corey Clement touchdown?
- Nuclear capable Agni-I missile test-fired off Odisha coast
- [Newsmaker] Ivanka Trump likely to join closing ceremony at PyeongChang
- Munich air disaster 60th anniversary: The full story
- City health officials confirm two pediatric flu deaths
- Korean military to cover for norovirus-hit Winter Olympics security
- Uber And Waymo Lawyers Hurl Accusations In Opening Statements
- Girl Scout sells cookies outside marijuana shop, may have broken rules