The players and teams she followed outside of NYXL have 2-3 substitutes for offtank or their rosters are filled to the brim and may need to fill more important roles.
Overwatch League's inaugural season is now underway, and Week 5 is set to kick off on Wednesday evening. She went on to prove her innocence by posting a hour-long stream of her playing Zarya.
Overwatch League free agent signings started back on January 26, but there's one signing in particular that has caught the attention of Overwatch fans.
The 18-year-old will reportedly join Shanghai Dragons in the coming weeks. They will add two more Korean players, Element Mystic's tank Lee "Fearless" Eui-Seok and MVP Space's flex Cheon "Ado" Ki-hyun. The three South Korean players do not speak the language, but are expected to begin learning as much as they can in time for their debut. However, she also expressed confusion over people's reaction to the news, tweeting that she's "been talking about going to a foreign team for a month".
Despite appearing to be the first female player to be signed, Geguri has refuted criticism against the league for its lack of gender diverse lineup and does not believe gender has played a part in why she was not signed earlier, according to reports.
Geguri smiling at an esports competition
Former ROX Orcas off-tank Kim "Geguri" Se-yeon appears set to join the Shanghai Dragons, which will make her the first female player to join the Overwatch League.
Some fans are excited to see what Geguri, Fearless, and Ado will bring to the Shanghai Dragons, which is now in last place with a 0-8 record.
Geguri's addition will be seen by many as breaking a major barrier in esports. Geguri told me not getting signed to a OWL team had nothing to do with her being a woman.
- US says Russia protecting Assad in chemical gas attacks
- Turkish soldier killed setting up military post in northwest Syria
- Aadhaar is government's right to information on citizens, Supreme Court told
- Premier League 'open' to introducing winter break in English football
- Malaysia, Singapore launch new trade link
- South Korea: North Korea Stole Millions from Crypto Exchanges Last Year
- Meghan Markle spoke about Prince Harry 'in code' on set of Suits
- Reese Witherspoon reveals how an abusive relationship changed her
- Twitter is removing face-swapped AI porn from its platform, too
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) Earning Somewhat Positive Media Coverage, Study Finds