As technology gets more affordable and convenient, so will the payments method which are used to transfer funds with will become too.
Moreover, WhatsApp has also been testing the option to switch to a video call during a voice call at the same time.
First reported by GizmoTimes, WhatsApp has started beta testing WhatsApp Payments in India. This indicates the final stage of inclusion of WhatsApp payments system on the Android app. The payments will be through UPI (Unified Payments Interface) but for now, it is only showing the list of banks and also the bank account that is linked, but the account is not getting added.
WhatsApp has not enabled this option for all the beta users as of now.
In simple words, WhatsApp payment feature will make it easier for users to send and receive money without relying on any other app. WhatsApp got the approval to integrate UPI service in July 2017. Putting it in simple words, the transaction will be successful if and only if payments option is available to both the transacting parties. Hence, the roll-out of WhatsApp Payments in India would only boost the number of digital transactions in the country.
To send money to someone over UPI, you might have to go to his/her chat and tap a paperclip icon at the bottom right corner (similar to how you attach audio, documents, pictures, contacts and Google Maps location coordinates).
We have been hearing of WhatsApp rolling out a UPI-based payments service in India since past year.
- Toughest US Sanctions Yet Will Be Levied on N. Korea, Says Pence
- Pelicans ranked last among most valuable National Basketball Association franchises
- Akshay Kumar: I Didn't Have Enough Money To Support Socially Relevant Cinema
- Gay figure skater reportedly refused meeting with Mike Pence
- Tesla will start investing in a Mannequin Y crossover in late 2018
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) stock ends Yesterday with change of 1.41%
- England Announce Boxing Squad For Commonwealth Games
- European Union revises up 2018 growth forecast for eurozone
- Kohli hits 34th ODI Hundred, makes it 3-0 for India
- Ronaldo very good but Neymar, Harry Kane the future - Gary Lineker