"Since I'm in (at Liverpool) not only the players we have but half the Premier League if you ask "Where is he coming from".
Klopp said: 'We are all human beings, we are influenced by circumstances.
"There is nothing too good to say about his reaction, but as a former footballer when I see the other challenge I understand a bit, not to excuse it, but we all did things we're not proud of". It is not the most lucky season and of course there is a kind of frustration in him. It will not be a normal game, how can it be?
"I think how football fans are they want to disturb everything we try to do to help their team and they will whistle".
"The way he plays, with his presence, I'd like to think he could grow into that role in another 12 months. Maybe we should have our scouting department down there".
Van Dijk is the sixth player Liverpool have bought from Southampton in less than four years, for a combined £170.5m, and Klopp suggested the south-coast club may be happy with the income they have received from Anfield.
"It's not nice. I spoke to him, it's not how it should be. The answer? Southampton". So there are obviously a few more players.
"They fight for everything; we fight for everything".
Van Dijk was formerly captain at Southampton prior to his £75m move, while Liverpool have lacked a regular skipper this season as a result of Jordan Henderson's injury problems - Philippe Coutinho, Emre Can and Simon Mignolet have all worn the armband. We'd only have two (centre-backs) left - not too cool.
Firmino is just unlucky that Mohamed Salah's performances have been so supremely good that his own displays have been overshadowed.
- YouTube Star Logan Paul Blasted For 'Tasing Rats' In Video
- California #MeToo leader Cristina Garcia accused of sexual misconduct
- Bangladesh out for 110 in Sri Lanka Test
- USA to impose 'toughest ever' sanctions on North Korea, Pence warns
- Rubio Leaps To Top Democrat's Defense Over Texts To Russian Oligarch's Lobbyist
- Trump signs $400 billion budget bill, ending fed shutdown
- Bipartisan budget deal passes early morning Senate vote, moves to House
- North Korea Stages Show of Force with New Missiles during Parade
- Metroid Prime 4 is reportedly being developed by…wait, Bandai Namco?
- Robecosam AG Purchases 11374 Shares of Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)