Stein's report shows that the Celtics front office echoes these sentiments as they seek a first round pick for the scrappy guard.
Smart would be an ideal fit in Denver, as he could play both guard positions and could defend almost every position 1-4 - and sometimes even centers.
Why do the Celtics want a first-round pick for Marcus Smart?
It remains to be seen if Boston can get a first-round pick in exchange for Smart. Their interest in shopping the 23-year-old guard reportedly has nothing to do with his recent behavioral issues. "If they didn't have to take back a lot of money going out in the future". According the Himmelsbach's league sources, the Celtics are likely to wait for the post-deadline buyout market, rather than sacrifice assets for "what would likely be short-term gains". The problem is, it sounds like the Nuggets are interesting to offer Emmanuel Mudiay to Boston in the place of the first-round pick that Boston is now asking for in any deal for Smart.
Evans, who is being held out by the Grizzlies in anticipation of a move, is averaging 19.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 5.0 assists per game this season. Over that time, he is averaging 10.1 points, 4.7 assists, 3.6 rebounds and 1.3 steals across 30.3 minutes per game while shooting 35.7 percent from the floor, 29.9 percent from three-point range and 73.6 percent from the free-throw line. His impact always stretches beyond the box score with his defensive tenacity and versatility opening up a variety of lineup options for head coach Brad Stevens.
- Another Salman Khan Sequel! Kick 2 To Release On Christmas 2019
- USA stocks close with solid gains after volatile session
- Canadian Olympic men's hockey team names Chris Kelly captain
- Rick Adelman's Son Killed After Being Hit By Car While Crossing Street
- Maryland's road woes continue in 74-70 loss to Penn State
- Will The Spice Girls Really Reunite?
- Tesla suffers record fourth quarter loss
- Senate Budget Deal Includes $20B for Infrastructure Projects
- Manchester United after Brazilian Fabinho
- Stocks grabbing Attention: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Centene Corp