Chelsea is now in third place in the league and still alive in the Champions League where it will play Barcelona in February.
While Dortmund did not splash millions on a new forward, they still made the German transfer window's biggest signing with the €18 million capture of Basel defender Manuel Akanji.
"After the unpleasant events of the last weeks, we prefer to remember that the story of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was a success over more than four years", Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said.
Wenger clearly makes the point, that because of the freakish striker merry-go-round that occurred between Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Michy Batshuayi, and Giroud, he had little choice but to allow the 31-year-old to move to Stamford Bridge. But always I believe that his behaviour has been top, top class.
"My ambition is to win some trophies".
Giroud fell down the pecking order at Arsenal this season as Arsene Wenger used him as backup to Alexandre Lacazette and Alexis Sanchez during his final months at the Emirates.
The former Dortmund player has set his sights on an Arsenal great, Frenchman Thierry Henry, who described as a role model in an interview with the club website. I think we did a good first half, we had some chances but we didn't score. The Blues were linked with some names throughout January, as Antonio Conte was looking for a tall, physical forward to become Chelsea's focal point in attack, something Morata lacks. That's why I am playing football.
- Senate Budget Deal Includes $20B for Infrastructure Projects
- Tesla losses spike as it fights to ramp up Model 3
- This is why everyone is angry about Kim Kardashian West's new fragrance
- Analyst Stock Ratings: Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM), Antero Resources Corporation (AR)
- Amid Olympic detente, Pence talks tough
- Eagles players take to social media for Super Bowl Parade
- Snapchat faces backlash over the new user interface from its users
- Vikings to hire Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator
- Tesla suffers record fourth quarter loss
- Putin, Erdogan agree to strengthen military coordination in Syria