Numerous users have threatened to delete the app unless they get the old version of Snapchat back. Go to Snapchat's page on the Play Store, tap the menu button, and disable Auto-update for Snapchat.
Other users expressed their disbelief via Twitter by complaining about the difficulty in viewing and even finding stories, something which Snapchat should specialize in since it founded the very concept itself.
This new revised version was launched on the background of the positive performance shown by Snapchat shares when it reached around 50% higher on Wednesday afternoon. While Snapchat users cannot reverse the effects after getting the update, those who still have not upgraded can actually avoid it if they are careful.
There is a strong likelihood that the redesign of our application will be disruptive to our business in the short term, and we don't yet know how the behavior of our community will change when they begin to use our updated application.
The brand new Snapchat redesign is in the process of rolling out for all users around the world and many of them who already have it are not happy.
While users are annoyed by the redesign, a Snapchat spokesperson told The Sun that it is a huge update and it would require "a little getting used to". Click the Applications tab, then select Apps in the iTunes sidebar, and find Snapchat (or the app you want reinstall in iTunes' Apps list). Copy the older Snapchat APK file that you retrieved from another device into the Download folder.
On the app, you need to go to settings, and then "Support" which you will find by clicking on the cog symbol. Many started sharing links and tips to restore the old version. The best way to prevent this update is to simply turn off the automatic app updates in the smartphone's settings. It hopes that if you equip guests with a pre-made custom lens, they'll use it instead of fiddling with creating their own special effects on competing apps like Instagram. This prevents any unnecessary updates such as the Snapchat one.
Now connect your iPhone to your Windows or Mac computer, open iTunes and select your device. Hit the Install button and sync your device.
- Vikings to hire Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator
- Jittery world stocks clamber off two-month lows
- Rick Adelman's Son Killed After Being Hit By Car While Crossing Street
- This is why everyone is angry about Kim Kardashian West's new fragrance
- Competition Commission of India fines Google
- Funding Impasse Looms Ahead of Possible US Government Shutdown
- North Korea has no plans to talk with US, Pence at Olympics
- Putin, Erdogan agree to strengthen military coordination in Syria
- Amid Olympic detente, Pence talks tough
- Peter Stoger 'relieved' Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang transfer saga is now over