Among those excluded are six-time gold medalist Viktor Ahn, the short track speedskater whose return to his native South Korea for the Olympics had been hotly anticipated by local fans. But the mistrust between the two nations is so deep that there are more sceptics than enthusiasts as the Games begin.
South Korea has yet to announce a confirmed schedule for the North Korean delegates aside of their participation in the opening ceremony and Saturday's luncheon with Moon.
The decision leaves intact the total of 168 Russian athletes who were allowed to come to Pyeongchang to compete, after they passed additional scrutiny.
"I am confident that today's decision is mostly a reaction to the outcry from clean athletes against Olympic corruption and complicity".
The overwhelming emotion was felt not only among Koreans, but also the global audience tuned into the ceremony.
Seventeen-year-old Korean-American snowboarder Chloe Kim has been ripping it up in-and high above-the half-pipe for years now, at the X Games and elsewhere.
Eighteen years on, the mood has totally changed. And while there's a lot to look forward to for the avid Winter Games enthusiast-102 medals are up for grabs in 15 disciplines within seven sports (biathlon, bobsleigh, curling, ice hockey, luge, skating, and skiing) over the next two-plus weeks-we've boiled the events down to the must-see, can't-miss people and events.
Russian Federation has denied any government links to the conspiracy.
But, contrary to the critics' claim on media censorship, the open criticism and pessimism is in itself proof of a free media. "They then switched back to dog meat".
This is the third Olympics (Vancouver 2010, Sochi 2014, now PyeongChang 2018) for Marnie Todd who works with Freestyle Canada as a registered massage therapist.
South Korean authorities periodically try to persuade restaurants to change their menus or drop signs suggestive of dog meat during major worldwide events hosted by the country. It's kind of like the team event in gymnastics at the Summer Olympics. I wish there will be more inter-Korean exchanges and we can travel to each other's side freely.
Moon is also scheduled to hold a summit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, during which they are expected to discuss the North Korea standoff and the sensitive issue of "comfort women", a euphemism for girls and women forced to work in Japan's wartime brothels.
A Keremeos massage therapist is already in South Korea working to keep Canadian athletes competing in top form.
- North Carolina defeats Duke 82-78
- LAPD Submits 3 Abuse Cases Against Harvey Weinstein To DA's Office
- Tesla suffers record fourth quarter loss
- Snapchat faces backlash over the new user interface from its users
- Stocks grabbing Attention: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Centene Corp
- FTSE 100 watch: Footsie stays in the red after BoE rate decision
- Witness' 'cartoonish' sketch helps police in Pennsylvania identify theft suspect
- Tesla losses spike as it fights to ramp up Model 3
- Analyst Stock Ratings: Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM), Antero Resources Corporation (AR)
- Rick Adelman's Son Killed After Being Hit By Car While Crossing Street