This is a sketch of a suspect released by police, in a public call-out for information about an alleged theft in Lancaster, Pennslyvania.
Lancaster police say Hung Phoc Nguyen, 44, was recognisable to officers based on the black-and-white sketch, and the "modus operandi for the theft suspect".
Hung Phuoc Nguyen, 44, homeless, pretended to be an employee at a vendor's stand January 30 at 23 N. Market St. while a real employee was away, police said.
Since the sketch was originally picked up by Lancaster Online, social media users have had a field day mocking the cartoonish sketch, with many commenters offering humorous theories about the identity of the suspect.
The witness apparently drew an "amateurish and cartoonish" sketch of the suspect, who was described as being between 30 to 40 years old, 5 feet 4 inches tall, of petite build and "possibly South American or Asian", according to the Lancaster City Bureau of Police.
A warrant was issued for Nguyen's arrest but police have not been able to track him down.
He was suspected of impersonating a vendor and taking money from a stand at the Central Market, while an employee had momentarily stepped away.
"We released all of those details together in our police log in the hope that someone recognizes the suspect", the police department said in a Facebook post.
Another person said the sketch looked like a popular musician and backed up the assertion by noting the title of one of the performer's actual albums. He was also described as having straight, black hair that covered his ears, with wide-set cheekbones and a pointed chin. They're still looking for him.
Anyone with information regarding Nguyen's whereabouts is asked to call Lancaster police at 717-735-3300 or Lancaster City-County Crime Stoppers at 800-322-1913.
Police checked his last known address, but he wasn't found.
- North Carolina defeats Duke 82-78
- South Korean president to meet North Korean leader's sister
- Funding Impasse Looms Ahead of Possible US Government Shutdown
- Competition Commission of India fines Google
- Tesla losses spike as it fights to ramp up Model 3
- Vikings to hire Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator
- Analyst Stock Ratings: Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM), Antero Resources Corporation (AR)
- Rick Adelman's Son Killed After Being Hit By Car While Crossing Street
- Defensive Stocks That Will Survive the Stock Market Meltdown
- Tesla suffers record fourth quarter loss