Amy Schumer's first big starring vehicle, Trainwreck, was flawed but promising - a frequently amusing and reasonably thoughtful effort at fusing her party-girl stand-up and socially aware sketch-show personas, and translating them to a big-screen setting.
I Feel Pretty follows Renée (Amy Schumer), an insecure woman who hits her head in a spin-class accident and wakes up seeing herself in a whole new, supermodel-esque light. "She kind of has low self-esteem and she really wants to be pretty and just feel all the parts of life that open up to you when you're just gorgeous", Schumer said. Suddenly, she sees herself as utterly attractive, and with her newfound confidence, unleashes herself onto the not-so-eager world.
"It's a really amusing and sweet movie that I think will make us all feel better". Except that, to everyone else, she looks EXACTLY THE SAME. She is also known for her roles in films TRAINWRECK and SNATCHED, the former of which she wrote, and the latter she starred alongside Goldie Hawn. Today the trailer for Schumer's newest project, I Feel Pretty, is now out for moviegoers to take a look.
In her real life, Schumer has always exuded confidence and made light of the body shaming she sometimes endures. Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein have penned the script, and the film has attracted a quality ensemble, including Michelle Williams, Emily Ratajkowski and Busy Phillips.
- LL Bean eliminates its legendary lifetime returns policy
- FireEye (FEYE) Releases Quarterly Earnings Results, Beats Expectations By $0.02 EPS
- Real life heroes star in Clint Eastwood French attack movie
- McDaniels Agent Cut's Ties With Client After Criticizing Colts Decision
- Zidane has made a decision to sell Isco
- Kemba Walker to replace Kristaps Porzingis in 2018 NBA All-Star Game
- Reuters Publishes Story Of Myanmar Massacre After 2 Journalists Arrested
- Oil Prices Fall Amid Global Market Selloff
- Spectator captures double sonic boom as SpaceX rocket boosters land
- Apple investigating after man says AirPods exploded