Crestview was one of 450 locations across the world hosting Night to Shine.
"This is an event that they talk about all year long, said Jess Berryhill, organizers". The Lakes Church in Fruitport hosted "A Night to Shine" a national prom style event for people with special needs.
Each guest got to arrive in style in a limo.
Night to Shine is a special event to give people with disabilities a chance to experience a dance social.
"It's great to be here", Tucker said. I'd just get all my friends together and we'd get a group from the school and that's how it originally started.
"Dancing with my husband", Kaye said with a huge grin.
"You see how much joy it brings them", said Quincyan Ruth Bartlow, DeJaynes' buddy.
Josephine Hadrich knew exactly what she was looking forward to. They can be themselves one hundred percent.
In downtown Wilkes-Barre, ushers paved the way for guests to enter Genetti Hotel & Conference Center from Market Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.
It's called "Night to Shine" and when Abigail Tyree walked down the red carpet.
"It just shows them that they're special".
Each person was crowned king or queen for the evening.
Starr said "I can do things that everybody else can and I like it".
"Its wonderful event and it celebrates how special they are".
No matter what they liked or did not like, it was a night full of lasting memories.
"The first night was hard trying to find a dress that fits her personality", Sarah Jones, the mother of an attendee, said.
- Acquires Shares of 6068 Ishares Core Dividend Growth Etf (BMV:DGRO)
- Search for fishing boat off Barnegat coast is suspended
- 'House of Cards' Star Reg E. Cathey Dead at 59
- Instagram to notify users when someone screenshots their stories
- Bill to end United States government shutdown clears key hurdle in Senate
- North Korea has military parade on eve of Olympics in South
- Israel jet crashes after 'Iranian targets' attacked in Syria
- Warm-Hearted Opening Ceremony for South Korea's Winter Olympic Games
- More Than Skin Deep: Acne May Increase Risk For Major Depression
- Terrorist attack Army camp in Jammu, one jawan, civilian injured