Travel conditions could become very slick late Saturday night into early Sunday. Freezing drizzle and light snow will taper off during the day.
Another storm system is on the horizon for us by the middle of next week. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. As upper level energy spreads in from the west Saturday evening, light freezing rain, sleet and even some snow will expand in coverage across the region and then continue overnight.
Tuesday night: Mostly cloudy with a low around 41.
Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17.
Forecasters are concerned about "the potential for rises on the rivers, especially small streams and creeks, which could lead to flooding issues by later Sunday". We'll have to monitor this as temperatures drop below freezing Sunday morning. The service predicts an accumulation of anywhere between 3 and 10 inches Thursday, depending on where the notice was posted.
A slight chance of snow showers before 8am, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers.
Sunday's forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of 42 and an overnight low of 25.
"Plan on hard travel conditions, including during the morning commute on Friday", the weather service said in its alert.
- Seattle Is Clearing Convictions For Misdemeanor Pot Possession
- NHS hospitals in England record worst ever A&E performance
- The latest Apple TV update brings a dedicated News section
- LG V30S tipped to finally bring the upgrades the V30 needed
- Earnings on the Doorstep For Philip Morris International Inc
- House passes budget deal and ends government shutdown
- Jill Messick: producer's death 'collateral damage' of Weinstein scandal, family say
- Philippe Coutinho hails 'special goal' after opening account for Barcelona
- Monster Hunter World Now Fastest Capcom Game to Ship 6 Million Units
- NASA's New Horizons captures the farthest images ever taken from Earth