Five-time Ballon d'Or victor Ronaldo has fallen below his usually prolific goalscoring standards this season, with Madrid's title defence in LaLiga coming in woefully below par at this stage - they lie fourth, 19 points shy of leaders Barcelona.
But when asked about Isco's future prior to Saturday's clash with Real Sociedad, Zidane responded: "I'm glad you've asked me". While it is surprising to hear that, especially after the news comes less than a year after Zidane proclaimed that Isco is a key star in the Real Madrid squad, football is a fickle mistress and this shows it.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been among the Madrid players criticised for below-par performances through this campaign, but Zidane said the Portugal captain, 33, and his teammates were looking to the PSG game as a chance to put things right.
Polant international Lewandowski insists the Madrid rumours'do not interest him
The club's captain, Sergio Ramos had earlier dismissed rumours of plans to sack Zidane, adding that the team is solidly behind the Frenchman. "Perhaps Isco won't play every game but I am counting on him", said Zidane. "We know the weapons we possess and everything can change very quickly". We revealed in December that Real were growing increasingly confident of landing the Blues pair this summer. "Now, we have to be able to take advantage of the moment".
"Remember Isco's buyout clause €700m (£621m) so it is in the hands of Real Madrid, but if a good offer comes in for him they'd be willing to listen". "When things go well, there are many things that come together so you can win".
- First profit ever — Twitter achieves milestone
- Earnings on the Doorstep For Philip Morris International Inc
- Tottenham's Toby Alderweireld Ready for Arsenal After 'Proper Hamstring Injury'
- Airstrikes kill 54 civilians in Syria's Eastern Ghouta
- Media Correctly Reports Nancy Pelosi's Speech Wasn't a Filibuster
- Reuters Publishes Story Of Myanmar Massacre After 2 Journalists Arrested
- Police officer shot dead, two deputies wounded serving warrant in Georgia
- Philippe Coutinho hails 'special goal' after opening account for Barcelona
- Google to mark all HTTP sites as 'not secure': HTTPS encryption explained
- Seattle Is Clearing Convictions For Misdemeanor Pot Possession