With bipartisan co-operation in the dating world in nearly as sorry a state as in Washington DC, "wouldn't it be refreshing to already know that your date roots for the same team?" the site asks, alongside a photo of a canoodling couple in pro-Trump baseball caps. It previously allowed new users to identify themselves as either "happily married" or "unhappily married" when establishing a new profile.
On the site's splash page, users are greeted by the smiling face of William Barrett Riddleberger, who it turns out is a convicted sex offender, as several local news outlets reported.
Riddleberger and wife Jodi appear embracing on the homepage of the website, with both wearing "Make America Great Again" baseball caps.
Donald Trump supporters looking for love now have their own dating site - but only straight singles need apply. Riddleberger was convicted in 1995 for filming himself having sex with a 15-year-old girl while he was in his mid-2os.
'Wouldn't it be refreshing to already know that your date roots for the same team?'
And when probed about his child abuse conviction he insisted: 'I've already paid my debt for something I did 25 years ago'.
The Riddlebergers live in Greensboro and helped found Conservatives for Guilford County, a political action committee that helped US Rep. Mark Walker during his run for office according to the story. A sponsored blog post on the right-leaning Daily Caller website, circulated within the past few weeks, quotes a Sean McGrossier as the website's founder and owner. Attempts to locate him Monday were not successful.
The site charge $24.99 for a month's membership or $101.94 for six months, prices set by Friends Worldwide, according to the service.
Trump Dating, which is not directly affiliated with the president, said that it is 'wrecking the dating game and giving like-minded Americans a chance to meet without the awkwardness that comes with the first conversation about politics'.
The recently-launched site aims to match straight people with similar "patriotic and political viewpoints".
- Palestinian head Abbas calls for global peace summit
- Undo injustice, BJP ally Naidu tells Centre
- Unicef issues blank statement to condemn 'war ON children' in Syria
- Kuwait invites Philippine's Duterte to visit amid workers row
- Washington DC approves Boring Co digging permit
- Indonesia's volcanic Mt. Sinabung erupts, coats four-mile area with ash
- Kansas Jayhawks hosting Oklahoma Sooners
- Conor McGregor says Floyd Mayweather is out of negotiations
- Twitter reacts to Louisville having to vacate 2013 national title
- Alan Pardew given two games to save West Bromwich Albion job