A police officer was shot and killed last night after responding to a call about a female murder victim found on West Ridge Road.
The suspect, Robert Hollie, was found dead inside his home.
Hollie was found dead in his home around 3 this morning.
He said Hollie opened fire on officers who had set a perimeter around his Toulminville residence, striking Billa. That's when Holly started shooting at police, and Officer Billa was hit.
Back in September, we interviewed Fonda about an alligator living in the waterway in her neighborhood.
Officer Billa leaves behind a wife and one-year-old daughter.
Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste didn't offer much information on his slain officer, saying he still needed to visit the University of South Alabama Medical and speak with Billa's wife.
After joining the task force in January, it did not take long for Billa to gain recognition in his department.
The woman was identified as Hollie's ex-wife, Fonda Poellnitz, and he was quickly named as the suspect.
Mobile City Councilman Levon Manzie, who represents District 2, said, "My thoughts and prayers are with this officer and his family. I pray for the officers each and every day".
'That's my ideal of good policing and I feel like that's what the chief is working toward'.
"Why would you do that to my momma", she said, lashing out at her father.
- Arsenal's Champions League hopes rest on Europa League, says Robert Pires
- US Wins First Cross-Country Gold Ever
- After Parkland, Students Launch Historic Youth-Led Movement to End Mass Shootings
- Attackers Abused Indian Bank's SWIFT System to Try to Steal $2M
- Manchester United's Nemanja Matic expects aggressive Sevilla in Champions League
- Economic Buzz: UK ILO Jobless Rate Increases In Q4
- Oxfam investigates new sexual misconduct cases as MPs grill bosses
- Kaduna APC Faction's Office demolished days after suspending El-Rufai
- Wynn Resorts, Limited (WYNN) Stake Lowered by Advisory Research Inc
- Turkey warns Syrian forces entering Afrin face serious consequences