"It wasn't created to be able to clear everything on the investigation", Republican Senator James Lankford said on NBC's "Meet the Press".
Trump's aggression towards Russia has escalated especially after Robert Mueller revealed on Friday that as many as 13 Russians have been charged with a plot and agenda to interfere in the United States presidential elections. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion.
We've got more newsletters we think you'll find interesting. The tweet caused numerous netizens to express their anger on Twitter, especially those who attend the school in Parkland, Florida. This, the first time since the Florida school shooting that he's addressed gun violence in any way and, perhaps, a reaction to the cries for change coming from student survivors. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem.
After pausing in an apparent attempt to compose herself, she said: "I just spent the last two hours putting [together] the burial arrangements for my daughter's funeral, who's 14!" "Our system utterly failed the families of seventeen innocent souls", Rubio added in a statement emailed to reporters.
The FBI admitted protocols weren't followed in investigating the warning, which would have been the responsibility of the Miami field office, but it was never informed of the tip from the FBI's headquarters.
But no additional information was found to help identify the person who posted the comment and no connection was made to South Florida, said Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent Robert Lasky, who is in charge of the Miami division.
Trump offered no evidence that there was any connection between the investigation of Russian meddling and the FBI's failure to prevent the Florida shooting.
Murdock, who lives 20 miles (32km) from Sandy Hook elementary school where 20 children and six adults were shot to death five years ago, drew more than 50,000 signatures on an online petition on Sunday calling on students to walk out of their high schools on 20 April.
At a Broward County hospital near the scene of the shooting, Trump praised the medical staff who treated the victims, saying, "The job they've done is incredible".
Trump is to spend the long President's Day weekend at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, about 55 kilometers from Parkland.
- A Wardrobe Malfunction Might Cost This Team An Olympic Gold Medal
- Manchester United look at Kroos
- Sevilla-Man United: Montella out to stop Alexis Sánchez
- Israel conducts successful test of Arrow 3 anti-ballistic system
- Walmart profit drops, online sales growth slows in holiday quarter
- Meghan Markle receives royal secretary ahead of wedding to Prince Harry
- SpaceX to launch first of its global internet satellites
- Some 'surprises' as Morgan Tsvangirai was laid to rest
- Caught on cam: Congress leader sprinkles petrol in Bengaluru office
- 'Modi unfit to be PM, makes irresponsible statements'