Yet Wenger is calling for his critics to have a calmer perspective, insisting there is no shame in losing to a team of City's class.
Wenger lost the Carabao Cup final to City on February 25 and then lost the Premier League rematch at the Emirates Stadium on Thursday, renewing calls for a change.
"To see him finish like this, I think it's time". I don't even fancy them to go and beat Brighton on Sunday. Don't worry, I can live with reality.
"He was trying to tell the board that they should stay loyal to him now. OK, it is not an easy moment, but we have to give our best to show him that we play for him and give everything for him".
Arsenal could be without Jack Wilshere for the trip to the AMEX Stadium after the England midfielder missed the defeat on Thursday night with an ankle injury, while Nacho Monreal (back) and Alexandre Lacazette (knee) are also absent.
With seven defeats from 13 games across all competitions in 2018, Wenger's position is under intense scrutiny. Mesut Ozil has just become the highest paid player at the club, receiving a pay rise of over £200,000-a-week, while new signings Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang are both earning twice the amount that Wilshere has been offered. Arsene's in charge, he runs it from top to bottom. We have to line-up our team and prepare exactly for that.
"They know that Wenger is the man who will take the blame, and that's a problem".
"It's a fantastic club Arsenal, but they have a great manager".
"They're going to go into a terminal decline if they don't do a root and branch reform of the club and its philosophy". It'd be Wenger again, and it's gone beyond that now.
And a fellow Gunner added: "In as much I want to believe it is made up, our performance was so bad that a kid will be able to ask his dad why Arsenal are playing so poorly".
They badly need a victory to restore belief and defeat at the Amex Stadium against a side promoted last season and now engaged in a fight to avoid an immediate return to the Championship would increase the level of dissent to new levels.
- Jimmy Kimmel on what to expect from the Oscars this year
- Left-Right Coalition Would Be the Best Outcome for Italy
- Leicester City manager Puel wants Wilfred Ndidi to shoot more
- Chicago Bears have no desire to trade Jordan Howard
- Killer Storm Clears Northeast US, No Power In 2.4 Million Homes, Offices
- Setting out Brexit vision, Britain's May appeals to European Union to show flexibility
- Swansea continue revival with win over West Ham
- The first picture of Stormi is here and she is absolutely handsome
- Ibrahimovic to leave Manchester United in summer, says Mourinho
- Kroos and Modric remain sidelined in Madrid training