Julianna Pena, who just gave birth to her first child a few weeks ago and hasn't fought since January 2017, is stationed at No. 2 in the rankings, while Ronda Rousey - you know, the newest WWE superstar - is still somehow in the top 10.
The co-main event of UFC 222 in Las Vegas on Saturday saw the octagon return of Frankie Edgar, after having two prior scheduled fights with Max Holloway cancelled due to each fighter being forced to pull out due to injury. Ortega is a slow starter so in a three round fight, Edgar just needs to do enough damage in the first two rounds to survive the third. Over the years, watching Edgar fight has been a pure delight as he consistently brings a well-groomed skillset to the cage, and I have no doubt he will show up ready to throw down for UFC 222. "Once I seen him wobble, I thought 'is this a fake or is this real?" It was Orteg a's highest profile fight and a chance at another title fight for Edgar.
The Hawaiian will certainly have taken notice of Ortega's performance against Edgar, as he demonstrated a level of striking that improves with every outing. Holly Holm came the closest of anyone in a long, long time last time out - even though the 48-47 scores still feel bogus - and now Kunitskaya gets her shot here. "I'm making history. I'm just humble". "If you didn't believe it in the Cub Swanson fight, you know it now".
Edgar said Ortega was "the future of our sport in the 145-pound division". If he ends up on his back against the wrestler, Ortega will look for some sneaky submissions from the bottom. "A true fighters fighter".
"Please respect the insane amount of work outside the fight game that I have put in".
Ortega (14-0, 1 NC) patiently picked his spots and continued to swarm Edgar, the finishing shot a vicious looping uppercut as Edgar stumbled forward and Ortega backed up to gain space and power.
"But to me, a lot's always on the line". "He came on "The Ultimate Fighter" as one of the coaches, and he looks good".
Besides, Edgar isn't certain McGregor really had much of an interest in fighting him.
"Man, I haven't fought since May".
"But it would be a shame if I don't have him on my record when all is said and done".
- OR bests Washington for 8th straight 20-win season
- Guardiola backs Henry to enter management after Arsenal thrashing
- Roberto Bautista Agut downs Lucas Pouille to win Dubai final
- Predicted Spurs line up to face Huddersfield
- OH student who shot himself had planned a Columbine-like school shooting
- Southampton and Stoke's relegation fears persist after insipid draw
- NRA says Trump opposes gun control after 'great' meeting
- Deontay Wilder survives scare to stop Luis Ortiz, talks up Joseph Parker
- First for athletics as entire field in 400m heat is disqualified
- Police in MI search for student who allegedly killed parents on campus