He will be assessed by PSG bosses in six weeks to determine when he will be able to return to training.
It is unlikely that Neymar will play for PSG again this season, but he should return ahead of the 2018 World Cup, which starts in Russian Federation in mid-June. "It is absolutely impossible to give you the slightest detail before those six weeks", he said.
According to Brazilian website Uol, Neymar's entourage have already prepared his recovery "headquarters" at his villa, which includes a gymnasium and a machine capable of producing 300kg of ice a day, similar to those used by modern football clubs. This would put him uncomfortably close to the start of the World Cup on June 14, including missing two friendly warm-up games. Earlier reports said he will be out for up to three months.
The Brazil global moved to the Parc des Princes side for a record-breaking fee of €222 million from Barcelona last summer but despite a successful stint with the Ligue 1 giants has been linked with a potential switch to the Bernabeu.
The 26-year-old has scored 28 goals in 30 appearances for PSG since joining from Barcelona for £200m last summer.
PSG doctor Gerard Saillant added the timing of Neymar's return could only be given at the six-week mark, with the French league leaders confirming his rehabilitation would be "under the control of the club's physiotherapist". "Spanish journalists have spoken to guys who say that Neymar isn't happy, good... have you asked Cristiano Ronaldo if he's happy at Real Madrid?".
"There is absolutely no split, despite what was written".
- Expected finalists for Kirk Cousins: Broncos, Cardinals, Jets and Vikings
- 'Trade Wars Are Good and Easy to Win'
- Italy Heads to Polls With Centre-Right in Lead but Stalemate Likely
- Will You Watch Ryan Seacrest Host The E! Oscars Show?
- Saudi Crown Prince to hold talks with Egypt's Sisi
- Michelle Wie bounces back from injury to lift Women's World Championship
- China refrains from releasing annual military spending target
- Arsene Wenger is still the man for Arsenal
- Teenager jailed for life for planned terror attack on Justin Bieber gig
- Syrian army says takes ground from militants in eastern Ghouta