For the fourth time in less than 24 hours the Cleveland Browns and new GM John Dorsey have reportedly made a trade.
Just a day after acquiring stud wideout Jarvis Landry and quarterback Tyrod Taylor, everybody's favorite new National Football League squad trades former first-round selection Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots, according to ESPN.
Field Yates of ESPN reported Saturday that New England will trade a pick to the Cleveland Browns for defensive tackle Danny Shelton.
The former first-round pick, who was selected 12th overall by the Browns in 2015, will likely compete for playing time with Malcom Brown and Lawrence Guy on the defensive line in New England. At 6-foot-2, 335 pounds, he ran a 5.64-second 40-yard dash, 7.99-second 3-cone, 4.65-second short shuttle, 30.5-inch vertical leap and 7-foot, 11-inch broad jump with 34 bench press reps at the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine. He has a $2 million base salary in 2018.
Shelton has one-year left on his rookie deal and the Patriots must decide if they they will accept his fifth-year option. The team also has 2016 third-round pick Vincent Valentine, who spent all of 2017 on injured reserve, at the position, along with 2017 undrafted free agent Adam Butler, who is more of an interior sub rusher. However, he didn't make much of an impact in 2017 as the Browns went winless.
The Browns chose to trade Shelton after the defensive line unit featuring Trevon Coley, Larry Ogunjobi, and Caleb Brantley played exceptionally well last season. Fellow defensvie tackle Ricky-Jean Francois is now set to become a free agent.
- Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' footage, new photos reveal more about Thanos
- Tariffs Less About China; More About NAFTA, Canada
- Despite layoffs, Motorola's Moto Z line will continue
- The Weir Group (WEIR) Price Target Raised to GBX 2130
- Maharashtra farmers march throwing traffic out of gear in Bhiwandi
- Bills trade QB Tyrod Taylor to Browns for draft pick
- Why Richard Sherman to the 49ers makes flawless sense
- Trump visiting Moon Twp. Saturday in final push for Saccone
- Rick Ross' Manager Died in the Same Home as Rapper's Health Scare
- PTI pledges support to Balochistan's candidate for Senate chairman