Real Madrid have only won three of their last nine league away games (D4 L2), failing to score in three them. "What he does is very positive; he knows he's going to score".
"I'm not here to convince anyone", Zidane said.
After securing a 5-2 aggregate victory over Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday, Real swapped the Parc des Princes for the Ipurua Municipal Stadium, the smallest in La Liga with a capacity of just over 7,000.
However, Ronaldo seized on a mistake from Eibar's defender Anaitz Arbilla and used a brilliant pass from Luka Modric to find the back of the net in the 33rd minute. We didn't play a good game technically, but we were up against a great adversary.
"This is a very hard ground to come to and they know how to play here".
Raphael Varane had to be replaced by Nacho after taking a bang to the head and, against the run of play, Real edged ahead in the 33rd minute.
In front, Real improved but five minutes into the second half and Eibar were level.
Ronaldo should have restored the advantage but failed to convert an excellent Bale cross and from the resulting corner, Bale flashed a glancing header just wide of the post. They would soon prove costly misses.
Luck appeared to have deserted Madrid after they wasted several chances, with Ronaldo among those guilty, but the Ballon d'Or holder produced an emphatic late header with his 17th goal in 10 games, moving them to within four points of Atletico, who face Celta Vigo on Sunday.
Neymar has dominated Ligue 1 this season having scored 28 goals in 30 games but his season was brought to an abrupt end when he sustained a broken metatarsal which required surgery, all but ending his hopes of returning for the remainder of the domestic campaign.
- President Trump to Visit California Following Lawsuit Over 'Sanc
- Despite layoffs, Motorola's Moto Z line will continue
- Florida school shooting response caught on radio traffic
- Blue Devils Prepare for NCAA indoor Championships
- Hart to return to West Ham starting XI
- Video of horse in club sparks investigation
- Why Richard Sherman to the 49ers makes flawless sense
- 'I DO NOT CARE': Vladimir Putin responds to alleged USA election interference
- Former First Round Pick Traded To Patriots
- Bills trade QB Tyrod Taylor to Browns for draft pick