He will earn $12 million from the Twins this season, according to a report by Fox Sports, with bonuses that could bring his total earnings to $14 million. Lynn declined a one-year, $17.4 million qualifying offer from St. Louis.
As a result, the Twins will surrender their third-round pick (No. 95 overall) in the 2018 draft for signing him. Just last week it was reported that he turned down a 2-year deal from the Twins for $20M.
Incredibly durable before his missed 2016 campaign, Lynn also quieted rumblings about his future durability by starting a career-high 33 starts in 2017.
Lynn, 30, has been a double-digit victor with the Cardinals five times and owns a 3.38 ERA in 183 career games. In 186.1 innings pitched he allowed 27 home runs, more than double what he allowed in 2015 in a similar amount of innings, but put up a 1.229 WHIP, more than a point lower than his last full season on the mound. That looks to be Jose Berrios, Jake Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson and Lynn, as the tentative plan is for a four-man rotation at the beginning of the season, with a fifth starter only necessary a handful of times before mid-May.
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Get prep sports breaking news alerts from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email.
- Ranveer Singh and his fashionable outfits : No one does it like him!
- McLaren right to be ambitious despite problems - Boullier
- Sridevi's Chennai Home To Be Given To Her Sister?
- Donald Trump advocates death penalty for drug dealers in rambling speech
- Trump Plays Compilation of Violent Video Games During Meeting With Entertainment Executives
- Video games linked to violence, US President Donald Trump tells industry
- Trump's press secretary mentions ties to Stormy legal battle
- Jordan Ayew Sees Red In Swansea City Draw At Huddersfield Town
- China's steel, metals sector calls for retaliation over Trump tariffs
- South African bowler Rabada charged after Smith incident