The actress has been tapped to star in leading role on an upcoming "Cagney & Lacey" reboot on CBS.
As previously reported, it was revealed on March 8 that Drew and fellow Grey's vet Jessica Capshaw (Dr. Arizona Robbins) are exiting the longtime ABC medical drama after season 14. Blindspot alum Michelle Hurd has been cast as fellow co-lead Lacey in the reboot of the iconic 1980s police procedural. Hurd will be playing athletic, polished, former high-school track and field champion Lacey, who is described as a straightforward veteran detective. The original series starred Sharon Gless and Tyne Dale.
Just last week, it was announced that Sarah Drew would be exiting "Grey's Anatomy" following the finish of the 14th season, but the actor has already found her next gig. After making headlines for being let go from Grey's Anatomy, Sarah Drew has landed a new role in a CBS pilot, and has the full support of her Grey Sloan Memorial coworkers. "Its unfortunate that @DEADLINE chooses to try to pit women against eachother on #InternationalWomensDay #shameonyounotme", she wrote on Twitter. "This is above my pay grade".
Grey's Anatomy show runner Krista Vernoff added, "This is thrilling".
It's not yet known what their characters' marital status will be; however, here's one change we do know of: This version of Cagney and Lacey will serve in the LAPD rather than the NYPD.
In a newly posted message on social media, Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo directly addresses the team of Station 19. It is a part of our success and what keeps the show exciting. "For now, I'd like to say: I love you, and I love April, and her story isn't over yet".
- Super Bomberman R Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- Government signals 1p and 2ps coins are here to stay
- What's in the spring statement for small businesses
- Tom Benson Dead: New Orleans Saints Owner Dies after Flu
- Hughes replaces Pellegrino at Southampton
- Larry to be Trump's new economic adviser
- Detroit Lions release TE Eric Ebron
- Valuation Metrics in Focus For Martin Midstream Partners LP (NasdaqGS:MMLP)
- Stoneman Douglas student activists say new school safety measures aren't enough
- Turkish hackers break into Air India's Twitter account, tweet 'All flights cancelled'