Themmen didn't go on to do much of any acting, only making his television debut this week - nearly five decades later, appearing as a contestant on Jeopardy.
Themmen, however, did not reveal his identity during Alex Trebek's let's-get-to-know-the-contestants chat before the game, and was introduced as an "entrepreneur" and "avid backpacker" who's traveled to 61 countries.
Paris Themmen tried to compete on "Jeopardy" without bringing attention to his celebrity past... but it didn't work!
Themmen appeared on the Tuesday episode of Jeopardy! without giving the audience a hint that he is that Willy Wonka child star.
The Internet quickly recognized him as Mike Teevee from the 1971 film "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".
Alex Trebek hates all things "Willy Wonka" - that's our takeaway anyway, after hearing from the 'Jeopardy' contestant who was also in the movie. which Alex completely ignored.
"I was making dinner in the kitchen, listening to Jeopardy when Alex Trebek started introducing contestants at the break". One fan tweeted, "Is nobody realizing that Paris on Jeopardy right now, is Mike TV from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?". He said @ParisThemmen and I ran out saying MIKE TEEVEE!
Themmen ended up in second place with $6,800.
The strangest part about Themmen's appearance - he didn't mention his Wonka connection!
"We think of ourselves as a family, maybe a bit of a dysfunctional family, but a family really", Themmen said at the time.
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch reboot casts the new Harvey Kinkle
- Tottenham can cope without in-form Kane, says Pochettino
- Kenya moves one place in latest Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes accused of elaborate, yearslong fraud
- Malcolm Butler: Patriots Never Gave Reason For Benching
- Heavily Pregnant Cardi B To Perform At Coachella
- Loyola's NCAA tournament ride continues with 64-62 buzzer-beater against Miami
- Paul Manafort asks judge to dismiss some charges against him
- Amber Alert issued for children taken by father after mother fatally shot
- Britain to build new chemical weapons defence centre