Themmen didn't go on to do much of any acting, only making his television debut this week - nearly five decades later, appearing as a contestant on Jeopardy.
Themmen, however, did not reveal his identity during Alex Trebek's let's-get-to-know-the-contestants chat before the game, and was introduced as an "entrepreneur" and "avid backpacker" who's traveled to 61 countries.
Paris Themmen tried to compete on "Jeopardy" without bringing attention to his celebrity past... but it didn't work!
Themmen appeared on the Tuesday episode of Jeopardy! without giving the audience a hint that he is that Willy Wonka child star.
The Internet quickly recognized him as Mike Teevee from the 1971 film "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".
Alex Trebek hates all things "Willy Wonka" - that's our takeaway anyway, after hearing from the 'Jeopardy' contestant who was also in the movie. which Alex completely ignored.
"I was making dinner in the kitchen, listening to Jeopardy when Alex Trebek started introducing contestants at the break". One fan tweeted, "Is nobody realizing that Paris on Jeopardy right now, is Mike TV from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?". He said @ParisThemmen and I ran out saying MIKE TEEVEE!
Themmen ended up in second place with $6,800.
The strangest part about Themmen's appearance - he didn't mention his Wonka connection!
"We think of ourselves as a family, maybe a bit of a dysfunctional family, but a family really", Themmen said at the time.
- Trainspotting director confirmed for new Bond film
- Kenya moves one place in latest Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings
- Oklahoma mom pleads guilty to incest, going to prison
- DPH: Peak flu season has passed, but remains widespread
- Trade War Fears Heat Up as Trump Eyes China
- Here's Why Audi May Be Happy With A Bad Sales Year
- Ford launches hybrid, electric vehicle blitz
- Sabrina The Teenage Witch reboot casts the new Harvey Kinkle
- Paul Manafort asks judge to dismiss some charges against him
- Malcolm Butler: Patriots Never Gave Reason For Benching