The social media backlash to the announcement of the match memorializing the late Fabulous Moolah was instant, and despite the criticism continuing throughout the week, WWE waited until today to finally change the match name.
Despite the backlash, WWE persisted with the name through Thursday before abruptly announcing the change.
Following intense fan protest regarding the Fabulous Moolah's past the company chose to rename it the WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal. Among these include extortion, pimping of young female wrestlers, violence, forced drug addiction and other nefarious Machiavellian tactics that ensured her spot at the top of women's wrestling in the United States was secured.
Due to the uproar of Moolah being selected as the honoree for the women's battle royal, the ground started to proverbially shake regarding the name remaining, and the WWE Universe was not going to stop until it was removed.
The female Superstars of Raw, SmackDown LIVE and NXT will have the chance to make history yet again when they compete in the inaugural WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal at WrestleMania 34. As it turns out, the change took place nearly immediately after candy bar brand Snickers, which is the sponsor of WrestleMania 34, publicly announced that they would speak with WWE about the complaints.
Snickers, the sponsor for WrestleMania 34. would give the following statement to Wrestling Inc. regarding the name change.
The company noted that they were recently made aware of the WWE's decision to honor The Fabulous Moolah and that this act is "unacceptable". Part of this statement was incorporated into McMahon's tweet confirming the news.
Allegations against The Fabulous Moolah have been rumored for years, with the story spreading like wildfire over the past few days. They also stated that a discussion with WWE will occur to express their disappointment.
- Arrieta Pens Letter To Cubs Fans
- Prem clubs on alert as midfielder describes Barca as 'hell'
- Facebook Lite is now available in the United States
- US accuses Russia of penetrating US energy grid
- San Diego State Basketball: 3 keys to an Aztecs' NCAA Tournament run
- Signet Jewelers Limited (NASDAQ:SIG) Expected To Report Earnings On Wednesday
- Microsoft to expand Azure Cloud services in Europe, Middle East
- Bihar bypolls result: The gamechangers that BJP must reckon with
- Motorola Moto X4 Gets Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Messi Reflects On Reaching 100 Champions League Goals